Utterly tragic: Scene of Thailand's mass shooting cleaned up; parents can't collect kids, just their bags and shoes

webfact

7cb5a164ced004df587c2fc0a41ffbd0a69a0538b709e2eea9298ac716ce8d7a.jpg

Picture: Siam Rath

Siam Rath reported with utterly tragic pictures on the clean-up of the crime scene at the nursery in Uthai Sawan, Nong Bualamphu NE Thailand, the scene of a mass shooting and stabbing incident.

Former Na Wang policeman Sgt Panya Khamrap killed almost two dozen children at the school. In total 38 people lost their lives before Panya took his own.

0e456befe1a61abf7bb7e917307f231c0800bbedc45c23f5f2f4f4adfaafbff5.jpg

In a Facebook post Chaisiri Butayo described how it was his duty to clean the school.

He posted that he had gathered up the possessions of the "little angels" for the grieving parents to collect.

The tragic pictures included school bags with names and shoes belonging to the victims many aged 2 and 3. 

5dd3a1a0e3c92f5632530aad649a927177e14fbb446cb5e8ea6e9f658912d6ff.jpg

That was all that was left to collect for the parents and relatives of one of Thailand's most shocking mass murders in history that occurred 12 days ago.  

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-10-18

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

d2da1c4631dbb6aed042fd5c3d4a5987af7c2142b2e436e6f0ad4f28740350fd.jpg

265abaa26bfa0d407369ccb509cf1271b77fa3dc6f8ffbddeffa5618b5ac400f.jpg

1 hour ago, Burma Bill said:

Very sad indeed - especially the poignant photos. I now wonder if the nursery school, even having been cleaned, will now be demolished - too many sad memories for the local people. For me, the tragedy brought back memories of the Dunblane Primary School Massacre in Scotland (UK) on the 13th March 1996. Maybe a memorial garden likewise?

The gymnasium at the school was demolished on 11 April 1996 and replaced by a memorial garden. Two years after the massacre, on 14 March 1998, a memorial garden was opened at Dunblane Cemetery, where Mayor and twelve of the slain children are buried. (Wikipedia)

AFAIK, Thais will not enter a building where a violent crime or a suicide was committed.
So, very dim chance for this school to open again.

When I came to Thailand, an appartment was for sale in Bangkok at a very pupolar condo.
Where the other condominioms were priced starting at 6 million baht, this particular condominium was sold for 1 million baht.
After getting some more information, I was told that the man who lived there before was a successful Japanese businness man who lost his whole fortune in 1 week and decided to commit suicide by jumping out of his comdominium located at the 24th floor.
As for today, this condominium is still available ...

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Confuscious said:

AFAIK, Thais will not enter a building where a violent crime or a suicide was committed.
So, very dim chance for this school to open again.

When I came to Thailand, an appartment was for sale in Bangkok at a very pupolar condo.
Where the other condominioms were priced starting at 6 million baht, this particular condominium was sold for 1 million baht.
After getting some more information, I was told that the man who lived there before was a successful Japanese businness man who lost his whole fortune in 1 week and decided to commit suicide by jumping out of his comdominium located at the 24th floor.
As for today, this condominium is still available ...

Sure, I've heard similar things before. Not all Thais think exactly like this.

I recall an incident where a murder was commiiited at an average suburban house in Phya Thai.

The monks were consulted whether anybody should ever live there again.

Head monk said: There would be no ghosts or evil spirits etc., if the house was closed for 6 months then all beds and bedding removed and burned. Then no reason why another family could not buy the house and live there happily. 

A Thai family did buy the house, put a spirit house in the front yard and had a quick chanting /white thread ceremony. They bought new beds/bedding and the room where the murder was committed was turned into a Buddha room.