How is the visa situation now?

Hello,

I'm GoGet, a very nice and polite guy.

Not retired, not married, no intention to get married.

How is the visa situation overall now?

Background:

I have been here for a very long time. I used to do border runs before. Then there was some issue about people catching a cold or something like that so the borders kind of seemed to freeze for a while. 

During that period, it was possible to get long term visas, which I did. Paid a bit extra, got 15 months volunteer visa. 

It's about to expire.

How is the situation now? Is it still possible to get those long-term visas anywhere?

Or is everyone back to doing border runs just like in the old days?

Any advice?

GoGet

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, GoGet said:

Has editing the posts been disabled? It used to be possiblle to edit and update them as new replies were posted to provide additional information. 

The 3 dots top right of your post has option to Edit.

That option has limited time span.

Not sure. At a guess 20-30 minutes. 

I don't think you can stay here long time if you are not retired or you don't want to get married. I would never do border runs, it's stressful and a waste of money

Volunteer visas for not really doing volunteer? Many do like that and pay a lot of money to visas agency 

Border bounces by land for visa exempt entries (right now allowing a 45-day stay, extendable once for 30 days at an immigration office) are allowed twice per calendar year. Outside of this, you will need to get tourist visas. The rules currently being applied by embassies/consulates in the region post Covid are not totally clear. Some options that used to be available (such as Hong Kong and Yangon) are not available at the current time, but might return. Even with a visa, entering by land would be prudent. Staying multiple years more will probably be hard.