Major Phuket road paralyzed from floods, Royal Thai Navy helping flood victims

webfact

image.jpeg

By Goongnang Suksawat

Phuket – A major road in Thalang was paralyzed from flooding as rain has continued.

The rain has started again since this morning (October 18th) which has caused many areas in Thalang to begin flooding again, following drastic flooding over the past weekend.

On the Thep Kasattri Road in Baan Lipohn in tge Thep Kasattri sub-district both north bound and south bound lanes were flooded. Traffic was delayed for many kilometers.

Full story: https://thephuketexpress.com/2022/10/18/major-phuket-road-paralyzed-from-floods-royal-thai-navy-helping-flood-victims/

The-Phuket-Express-Logo-Small-300x121.png
-- © Copyright The Phuket Express 2022-10-19

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

5 hours ago, pollyog said:

Hope they're wrong but long-range weather forecast says rain until 4th DECEMBER!!!!  Time to build an ark?

The last weather warning for Thailand said until Friday, Oct 21st.

European weather center shows at least a decrease from then on.

I don't give too much in forecast over more than 5 days, crystal ball.

image.png.79633709f62e40358acbbde0916e5210.png

9 hours ago, 2baht said:

Obviously the hundred year flood, I wonder if they'll find a solution before it comes around again?

A 1 in 100 year flood can come today and tomorrow and next month. It doesn't have to come only 1 in 100 years. ???? Hope I'm right. ????

I may be wrong, but when I stay in Hua Hin some Winters, I see a large amount of rainy days in Thailand s far south.

I went on a trip to Pattani and Yala several years ago and even in November we has some rain problems with

flooding in those areas.  I am fortunate to be able to travel around Thailand and avoid the areas that have weather problems.

I hope the Winter months are more pleasant for all.

On 10/20/2022 at 3:33 AM, Stargeezr said:

I may be wrong, but when I stay in Hua Hin some Winters, I see a large amount of rainy days in Thailand s far south.

I went on a trip to Pattani and Yala several years ago and even in November we has some rain problems with

flooding in those areas.  I am fortunate to be able to travel around Thailand and avoid the areas that have weather problems.

I hope the Winter months are more pleasant for all.

Pattani and Yala have their rainy season in November - January, so flooding in November is no exception. It's pretty much when it starts.