Human Rights Commission Worried about True-DTAC Merger

snoop1130

1666160846_264299-tnamcot-e1666160877869-768x401.jpg

BANGKOK, Oct 19 (TNA) – The National Human Rights Commission said in its statement that the merger of True and DTAC could result in monopoly and consumers would lack choices.

The NHRC said that reports on the planned merger of True Corporation and Total Access Communication (DTAC) drew opposition from academics and consumers’ organizations including the Thailand Consumers Council, which were concerned about impacts on competition and possible monopoly in the telecom sector.

The merger might affect consumers’ choices and lead to the digital divide and unfair charges.

Full Story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-1041020

tnalogo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai News Agency 2022-10-19

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

• Thumbs Up 2

13 hours ago, alyx said:

not that I disapprove of, I just don't get it 

Monopolists can dictate prices and rules , so the average consumer has no choice , but to pay what they want . A fair competition is generally better for the consumer .

• Like 2

15 hours ago, alyx said:

Nice to hear that they are on our side but it is kind of weird that this is a human right matter, not that I disapprove of, I just don't get it 

Everyone has to look like they are on the side of the little people for face.

The problem is that even if this goes through there is not a monopoly.  Everyone seems to have forgotten AIS.

Also as far as price gouging Thai government has the ability to manage and limit price increases much as they have done with food and petroleum prices.

The people that will be hurt are the workers found to be redundant 

2 hours ago, nobodysfriend said:

Monopolists can dictate prices and rules , so the average consumer has no choice , but to pay what they want . A fair competition is generally better for the consumer .

Mono = 1

AIS is still there so no monopoly, easier to make price arrangements though with less players on the market.