Fines for non-mask wearing to be officially scrapped within weeks after MoPH announcement

webfact

On 10/20/2022 at 10:52 AM, Geoffggi said:

They may as well as little adherence appears to be the norm ...........LOL

Daily road blocks on my way home with many fine given suggest they are being policed..... not sure bout the dog on a lead thing though.

On 10/20/2022 at 2:46 PM, hotandsticky said:

You should go further back in time and re-read the rules:-

"masks are still compulsory on public transport and when visiting cinemas in Thailand".

From Thursday June 23, the wearing of face masks outdoors and in public places is no longer mandatory and people are free to choose whether to wear one, according to an announcement published in the Royal Gazette yesterday.

Yes which is ridiculous but from my understanding the OP inferred everywhere

3 hours ago, Photoguy21 said:

Yes which is ridiculous but from my understanding the OP inferred everywhere

"masks are still compulsory on public transport and when visiting cinemas in Thailand".

From Thursday June 23, the wearing of face masks outdoors and in public places is no longer mandatory and people are free to choose whether to wear one, according to an announcement published in the Royal Gazette yesterday.

Ridiculous that it's no longer mandatory to wear a mask in public?

Had to take a stupid trip out to BKK CW today for in-person 90-day reporting due to having a new passport.

On the BTS Skytrain portions outbound and returning, 99% of everyone on the train, Thai and other, were wearing face masks...

On the BTS, curiously, there was a recurring loudspeaker announcement only in English, but not in Thai, advising that despite the general loosening of COVID regulations, both the BTS and MoPH continue to recommend that BTS passengers wear face masks while traveling.

Once I got to BKK CW Immigration, 99% of everyone inside, staff and customers, were wearing face masks.

In both cases, I was glad of it...

Ohh, and BTW, my taxi drivers on both the outbound and returning trips between the BTS and Immigration likewise were wearing face masks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Had to take a stupid trip out to BKK CW today for in-person 90-day reporting due to having a new passport.

On the BTS Skytrain portions outbound and returning, 99% of everyone on the train, Thai and other, were wearing face masks...

On the BTS, curiously, there was a recurring loudspeaker announcement only in English, but not in Thai, advising that despite the general loosening of COVID regulations, both the BTS and MoPH continue to recommend that BTS passengers wear face masks while traveling.

Once I got to BKK CW Immigration, 99% of everyone inside, staff and customers, were wearing face masks.

In both cases, I was glad of it...

Ohh, and BTW, my taxi drivers on both the outbound and returning trips between the BTS and Immigration likewise were wearing face masks.

I personally would refuse to take a taxi if the driver was wearing a mask....I would find a maskless driver who I could be comfortable riding with......I am sure there are plenty of non programed drivers... 

• Love It 1

45 minutes ago, Karma80 said:

Some people here are really triggered by masks. I wear one when I think it's prudent and for my own reasoning that's not for you to debate.

It doesn't impact you. Please carry on with living your own life as you see fit.

In a way it does effect people when they are judged and forced to wear a mask by those who continue wearing masks.

3 hours ago, redwood1 said:

I don't watch much T.V......Are they still wearing masks on T.V shows and news casts?

The Newsreaders, sitting alone are. On the variety shows one sees  a plethora of strange varying masks... some clear solid plastic ones that look like chin cups.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, monkfish said:

In a way it does effect people when they are judged and forced to wear a mask by those who continue wearing masks.

How is a non mask wearer being forced to wear a mask...I think you might be confused.

On 10/21/2022 at 7:35 AM, marcusb said:

Why on earth do the mask wearers annoy the non mask wearers, don't say it doesn't it obviously does.  I don't care if someone wears socks with sandals, don't care if folks wear stained oversized wife beaters to go 'out", don't care if someone wears a helmet or not. Why would I care if others prefer to mask?  None of my business. 

Same here. If one wants to wear, up to them, but don't f'ing tell me I'm in the wrong when the law does not require it. People like that get right up my shaft! 

• Thanks 1

On 10/20/2022 at 3:33 PM, Burma Bill said:

Thank you for this information. I have just purchased a return ticket with Air Asia from Siem Reap to Bangkok DMK  with outward flight on 9 November 2022. Air Asia clearly states that face masks must be worn on the plane, unless, I presume, when I am eating and drinking water during my one hour flight. It will be interesting to see what transpires. I then travel onwards from DMK railway station to Chiang Mai so will I have to wear a mask on the train? If I choose not to do so I presume I will not get fined? For reference, Cambodia is now more or less mask-less.

I just flew in to pattaya on thai not a mask to be seen and that flight was from Australia 

• Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Ridiculous that it's no longer mandatory to wear a mask in public?

Reading and understanding the rules does not make any less stupid

Looking forward to the day I walk into a 7-Eleven and the staff are maskless, doubt anytime soon.

I did notice down Pattya way my local Lotus store has taken screens down, and Tukcom has taken away entrance signs and screening

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

How is a non mask wearer being forced to wear a mask...I think you might be confused.

Many places won't let you in without a mask for example Banks.

Also temples my wife went without a mask and got told to wear one in public now she won't take it off for fear of getting scolded in public again.

Edited by monkfish

3 hours ago, Karma80 said:

Some people here are really triggered by masks. I wear one when I think it's prudent and for my own reasoning that's not for you to debate.

It doesn't impact you. Please carry on with living your own life as you see fit.

Covid brought about a lot of division in society between pro-mask and anti-mask people.

If I'm somewhere not wearing a mask (e.g. in a shop) and I notice others in the shop are masked up, I do still feel uncomfortable. I feel like they're probably angry with me for not wearing a mask, or are scared to go near me. 

Of course a lot of people don't give a monkeys what others think of them, but I do. 

That's why I'd prefer it if everyone stopped wearing masks (unless vulnerable etc) 

• Love It 1

36 minutes ago, monkfish said:

Many places won't let you in without a mask for example Banks.

Also temples my wife went without a mask and got told to wear one in public now she won't take it off for fear of getting scolded in public again.

O-Heck I been scolded dozens and dozens of times in the last 2 years in 7-11 for not wearing a mask or not wearing one properly......After a while you get use to the screaming and it does not bother you any more.....But most people don't care if you wear a mask or not...

• Love It 1

6 hours ago, redwood1 said:

O-Heck I been scolded dozens and dozens of times in the last 2 years in 7-11 for not wearing a mask or not wearing one properly......After a while you get use to the screaming and it does not bother you any more.....But most people don't care if you wear a mask or not...

Heck yea me too I only ever put my mask on when told to but Thai's are way more sensitive to such matters it's like loosing face for them.

3 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Again it is your view that it is absurd.  Why can't folks understand things are done differently by others and accept it.

Yes I absolutely 100% agree everyone to their own but there's a group of Thai's lets call them Maskers they tend to be older influential people in communities who are bullying others who don't want to wear masks into wearing them do you agree with that or not? One example and there are many Banks force people to wear masks even when they don't want to.

Edited by monkfish