Fines for non-mask wearing to be officially scrapped within weeks after MoPH announcement

webfact

7 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Again it is your view that it is absurd.  Why can't folks understand things are done differently by others and accept it.

I'm all for diversity and live and let live.

But for newsreaders to be masking up, is simply absurd, no other way to describe it. Only place in the world this is happening. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FarAway said:

That is wrong. It impacts everyone.

We humans not just love but need to see the faces of others. It makes us happy and gives us more social abilities, it makes us comfortable with our surroundings.

Seeing these masked faces all the time caused severe depression with me and my wife.

She was always the only Thai without a mask anywhere. She got a strong character and did not give a damn about the stupid looks from the other people, me neither, but we could feel the bad energy from these people. 

But the most important thing for me are kids.

The sister of my wife is working in a kindergarten. She had a 3-years-old boy that was not able to speak one word when he came and was socially awkward. Not one word.

After some time she warmed him up and now it is clear why he was so behind:

His utterly ****** parents wore a mask all the time. Even at home in the house, as the TV and government told them and they obeyed.

This 3 year-old-boy literally never really saw an unmasked face in his whole life until he met the sister of my wife. He now loves her and cries when his parents pick him up, lol..

When we go outside with our 1-and-a-half-year-old daughter I always make sure that she does not see the face of any of these masked ******. Often she cries when she sees masked faces.

It is completely unnatural, inhumane and a torture not just for adult humans and their social life and ability, but especially for kids and toddlers.

And I mean if it would be just seeing these masked people for the kids, bad enough, but we all know it is even worse in LandOfMasks:

Whenever I see a masked toddler or child in Thailand my blood starts to boil and my blood pressure and pulse gets damn high. It honestly breaks my heart everytime and I get a dull pain in my chest just seeing this.

It literally made me physically sick. Whenever I was around masked people my heart rate went up from 80-90 to 110-120 and stayed there until I got out of there.

I came to the conclusion that all the people who do this to their kids are just brainwashed, soulless or both. You can literally see the emptiness in the eyes of these kids compared to non-masked kids.

The mask mania and the underlying reason of soullessness and complete blind obedience is the main reason why we are selling our house right now and will leave Thailand as soon as it is sold. We cannot wait for it to happen.

Selling very cheap, even lower than we bought, just because we want to leave as soon as possible. That is how much this whole mask-mania affected us mentally, even if we ourselves never wore one.
Never in my life I will let my kids grow up in such a society and we do not want to live in one like that as well.

I think the only country worse in the world must be China.

So please do me a favor and stop talking this utterly BS that others wearing masks does not affect people around. It is a nightmare. At least for people who still have something like a heart and soul, I know it is not common nowadays.

Fantastic post.

Puts into words what most people understand and know is true, but seem unable to say clearly. This place used to be known as the land of smiles, can you believe it now!!

This mass masking, especially in children, is causing enormous harm to Thai society and needs to cease.

At the very least, no children should be masked. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, anrcaccount said:

Absolute absurdity. No other way to describe it. 

Hardly notice it really.... just glance over while the Mrs watches TV. Life is too short to rant and rave because someone else chooses to wear  a facemask. 

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

2 hours ago, redwood1 said:

Newscasters wearing masks on T.V is completely pointless.....And only encourages and feeds the continuation of the mask nonsense in impressionable Thais...

Again your view, which you want to bellow from the highest mountain while thumping your chest and yelling.  People are different here and it's not always about what foreigners think they should do. I still wear a mask when out in the masses, but that is my prerogative. It is not your prerogative to tell others how to live. My GFs daughter has had no problem in learning nor is she depressed because she can not see a smile or watch the mouth of her teachers or others.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

It is not your prerogative to tell others how to live

Which is exactly why no children should be masked. There is no law requiring them to be. It's not required by their schools anymore.  Yet, they are not doing it voluntarily,

They are doing it because of their parents disproportionate fear of a virus, and some for social norm reasons.  It isn't some natural thing for them.

10 hours ago, FarAway said:

That is wrong. It impacts everyone.

We humans not just love but need to see the faces of others. It makes us happy and gives us more social abilities, it makes us comfortable with our surroundings.

Seeing these masked faces all the time caused severe depression with me and my wife.

I sympathise with what you have experienced during covid both in a real and mental health sense. We are all in that same boat and I doubt there are many people that have not had varying moments of darkness throughout this time - myself included. These are the worst of times that a generation will hopefully see, and I have no doubt the lasting impacts socially, politically and economically will be felt for many years to come. People had to migrate, expats return to their countries for a variety of reasons. Some even could not, finding themselves in bleak and dire circumstances.

But, I disagree that your or indeed anyone's personal perspective and values should be put upon me for a sense of comfort or normality. In the same way that I would absolutely refute anyone who insists I should wear one on that point of principal. If there is no legal requirement, it's my choice and yours. I hope that you found a better sense of peace wherever you are now.

The way to avoid a fine, is to keep a sausage in your top pocket. When a brown-clad guy looks at you, take it out and bite a bit off. Cause the police know you don't have to wear a mask when eating.

Always works for me.

Edited by owl sees all

3 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

The way to avoid a fine, is to keep a sausage in your top pocket. When a brown-clad guy looks at you, take it out and bite a bit off. Cause the police know you don't have to wear a mask when eating.

Always works for me.

That is OK in the Boonies where the BiB are not exactly the brightest spanners in the toolbox.

In Pattay, or Bangkok, they would deal with your sausage first  -  then deal with you.

• Like 1

On 10/20/2022 at 5:01 PM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Thailand is still running more than 300 new COVID hospitalizations per day (2,234 for the most recent week)... so some might consider their policy to be Smart!

No need for masks anymore. Daily cases easily handled by existing facilities.

• Thanks 1