Thai man buys his dream car with coins saved in a piggy bank for just nine months

webfact

5 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

That's a matter of opinion, or faith. 

My parents have a St. Christopher in their car, my wife's parents have a Buddha, I have a Ganeshji. 

Many in the US have a plastic Jesus. 

The superstition is irrelevant, myths and the rituals surrounding them do not lead to divine intervention to bring about road safety. 

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

So you dont believe in positive thinking. Like saying when Tiger Woods stands over his putts his thoughts have no effect.

Not the same thing. 

Concentrating upon what you are doing would probably lead to better road safety. 

Relying upon a mythical deity or superstition to do it for you won’t. 

Edited by Bluespunk
Mythical added
  • Like 2

Could be laundering money! You can't use a deposit machine without a pin number but you can buy a car with coins? Does he have receipts and can he prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the coins have not been used for a crime? Is it him that has been hoarding all the satang? Important questions need addressing......

Just now, Neeranam said:

Many people who have never glimpsed the reality of the sacred, seem to talk about religion with gret conviction, as if they knew what they were rebutting.

I was raised in a strict Catholic family and attended faith based schools. I know what I am rejecting. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bluespunk said:

Not the same thing. 

Concentrating upon what you are doing would probably lead to better road safety. 

Relying upon a deity or superstition to do it for you won’t. 

Most elite sports people believe in god. 100% of them think positive.

Driving a car is a sport. So it does make a difference.

A lot of accidents are due to drugs, alcohol, excess speed.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Not the same thing. 

Relying upon a mythical deity or superstition to do it for you won’t. 

I think that white sht what some monk has "write" in my car ceiling not make me better driver! 

Look like some pigeon has fly and do it things upwards. So yes you are right Bluespunk!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

People can believe in whatever they want but that doesn’t mean superstitious rituals will lead to road safety. 

One wonders how many of those whose drug or alcohol use and excessive speeding believed that the rituals performed previously would protect them from accidents. 

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

People can believe in whatever they want but that doesn’t mean superstitious rituals will lead to road safety. 

it possibly leads to the opposite, ie. a false sense of security. no need to check tyre pressure or the brakes if you've bought the right amount of garlands from the roadside vendor.

Edited by Lemsta69
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

People with faith in Buddha, Christ, God, etc drive better and are less likely to abuse drugs/alcohol, it's a fact. The marks on the ceiling, the plastic Jesus, the St Christopher etc remind you when you veer, excuse the pun

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Lemsta69 said:

it possiblity leads to the opposite, ie. a false sense of security. no need to check tyre pressure or the brakes if you've bought the right amount of garlands from the roadside vendor.

Do you believe in Karma/Fate? 

2 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Positive thinking leads to better driving which leads to better safety. Ive driven in multiple countries.

Already made clear I do not regard concentration/positive thinking  and superstitious rituals as the same thing. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Mind and body.

It helps me focus and think, however it is myself I rely upon to ensure any benefits I take from it are applied outside of the session. 

I also take part in distance running to achieve the same affect. 

I don’t rely on a ritual, I rely upon my own actions and take responsibility for them. 

But you think positive to achieve your aims.