Massage by Walking on Your Back – Where?

henrik2000

On 10/24/2022 at 8:26 AM, CharlieH said:

If you want to search for a "proper" practitioner you are looking "Ashiatsu" which means feet, as opposed to shiatsu which means fingers.

Thanks again for that term.  Online-search for "Ashiatsu massage" and some such in Pattaya and Bangkok didn't bring any useful results, neither on Google nor Google Maps, just a lot of false positives including a soapie place. The only places that finally had "Ashiatsu" in their names or menus where in Bali and Italy.

Or maybe I used the wrong way to search.

There's a Thai-English massage-booking site where as "Massage Therapy" you can explicitely select "Ashiatsu", but the site is not fully functional obviously, tried in 2 diff. browsers, anyway it's not useful (at least as long as i don't sign up, which i didn't).

Edited by henrik2000

15 minutes ago, henrik2000 said:

Thanks again for that term.  Online-search for "Ashiatsu massage" and some such in Pattaya and Bangkok didn't bring any useful results, neither on Google nor Google Maps, just a lot of false positives including a soapie place. The only places that finally had "Ashiatsu" in their names or menus where in Bali and Italy.

There's a Thai-English massage-booking site where as "Massage Therapy" you can explicitely select "Ashiatsu", but the site is not fully functional obviously, tried in 2 diff. browsers, anyway it's not useful (at least as long as i don't sign up, which i didn't).

I meant search as in, look whilst walking around.

Not surprised there is little to nothing online.

Just look whats written on the windows /signage etc.

14 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

I meant search as in, look whilst walking around.

Not surprised there is little to nothing online.

Yes, will do.

Anyway would have been nice to locate a place online. Some spas are very upmarket with oodles of fancy ayurvedic treatments offered online etc. - but not Ashiatsu.

12 hours ago, henrik2000 said:

Surprise, not.

It's hardly going to be a big thing in the land of happy endings, and as said, any will probably offer to walk on one's back.

I imagine any local would get wife/ daughter/ son/ gf etc to do the job, and I can't imagine many tourists arriving with any more than traditional massage in mind.

As said, do it the pre internet way and look around. Good luck.