Massage by Walking on Your Back – Where?

henrik2000

Hello, do you know of a massage place in Jomtien (preferred), Pattaya or Bangkok where the therapist walks on your back (thighs, bum, shoulders)?

This may be

• one individual therapist's special skill
  • regularly done by all therapists in one establishment, with high handrails installed

I believe this is more usual in Vietnam, but I won't be there. But if you happen to know other places in Thailand or Laos, I'd be interested too. Also in how you felt afterwards.

Thanks!

PS

Another thing i like is a heated dry towel over my eyes when lying on my back. It seems rare in Thailand.

Edited by henrik2000

1 hour ago, Sparktrader said:

It is techique. Use half body weight. Feels great if done well.

Not recommended if over 65 perhaps.

I like old masseuses but 65 is pushing it... my FIL in the village would have the nephews do it... probably because they were 10 years old and well trained... 

I had a Burmese lady friend in college who did this for me a couple of times, but she was very petite and I was very strong. Wouldn't chance it at 68, unless something like the thirteen year old daughter of a masseuse I used who was training specialy to massage infants. I think I could manage a twenty five kilo kid walking on me. Thinking about the chiropractor I used to go to who had hands about the size of Smithfield hams; best practitioner ever.

20 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Any place will do it I bet just ask they would love to walk on your back.

But, as mentioned could be dangerous here a cracked vertebrae or cartilage can ruin your life.

They shouldn't be jumping on your back. Just slide the foot along a bit and put weight on it.

I had it done many, many times, and no problems. Like I said if worried just let them do it with one foot only.

• Like 1

If you want to search for a "proper" practitioner you are looking "Ashiatsu" which means feet, as opposed to shiatsu which means fingers.

Personally the latter is better and safer, if they know what they are doing in that style of massage.

• Like 2