Bivalent Covid Vaccine in Thailand?

TravelerEastWest

18 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

What geo area are you in / looking to get vaccinated at?

Like your comment said in Bangkok. All my previous web links don't seem to work anymore. The last time I got a booster was at Bang Sue train station when it was a free vax center. Where now are these free boosters being given? I thought the free services were suspended at end of Sept?

On 10/25/2022 at 4:09 PM, connda said:

It's a small price to pay to make sure that you will be fully immune to Covid and to be sure you'll never pass it along to granny.  The philanthropic pharmaceutical companies were literally giving away the vaccines in order to save humanity, and as such, the companies executives have lost fortunes no doubt.  They should be able to recoup their personal losses.  I think the shots would be fairly prices at twice as much.

You won't be fully immune and can still pass it on, you won't get that sick.

• Like 1

On 10/31/2022 at 8:09 AM, Hamus Yaigh said:

Excellent info @TallGuyJohninBKK thanks.

Some very good information.There's one point on which I'm still unsure which is, based on the present state of knowledge, is it recommended that for the at risk groups, including all those over 60, booster jabs should be had every 4-6 months?

On 11/1/2022 at 2:51 PM, jayboy said:

Some very good information.There's one point on which I'm still unsure which is, based on the present state of knowledge, is it recommended that for the at risk groups, including all those over 60, booster jabs should be had every 4-6 months?

Sounds like - yes - I am not going to take dance with COVID and will get a booster every  four to six months for now

Edited by TravelerEastWest

21 minutes ago, TravelerEastWest said:

No side effects so all is well.

Actually, minor side effects -- the usual kind of post vaccination reactions -- are not necessarily a bad thing, and may even be a good thing.

A study the other day reported that people who have noticeable vaccine side effects tend to have stronger vaccine-induced immune responses to COVID than those with no side effect reactions.

In other words, the minor side effect stuff often can be a telltale sign that the vaccine has spurred a fighting immune response in your body to the COVID-related parts of the vaccine.

Covid-19 vaccine study links side effects with greater antibody response

(CNN) -- People who reported experiencing side effects to the Pfizer/BioNTech and Moderna Covid-19 vaccines such as fever, chills or muscle pain tended to have a greater antibody response following vaccination, according to new research.

Having such symptoms after vaccination is associated with greater antibody responses compared with having only pain or rash at the injection site or no symptoms at all, suggests the paper published Friday in the journal JAMA Network Open.

“In conclusion, these findings support reframing postvaccination symptoms as signals of vaccine effectiveness and reinforce guidelines for vaccine boosters in older adults,” the researchers – from Columbia University in New York, University of Vermont and Boston University – wrote in their paper.

(more)

https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/24/health/covid-antibody-response-vaccines/index.html

14 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Actually, minor side effects -- the usual kind of post vaccination reactions -- are not necessarily a bad thing, and may even be a good thing.

A study the other day reported that people who have noticeable vaccine side effects tend to have stronger vaccine-induced immune responses to COVID than those with no side effect reactions.

In other words, the minor side effect stuff often can be a telltale sign that the vaccine has spurred a fighting immune response in your body to the COVID-related parts of the vaccine.

Covid-19 vaccine study links side effects with greater antibody response

(CNN) -- People who reported experiencing side effects to the Pfizer/BioNTech and Moderna Covid-19 vaccines such as fever, chills or muscle pain tended to have a greater antibody response following vaccination, according to new research.

Having such symptoms after vaccination is associated with greater antibody responses compared with having only pain or rash at the injection site or no symptoms at all, suggests the paper published Friday in the journal JAMA Network Open.

“In conclusion, these findings support reframing postvaccination symptoms as signals of vaccine effectiveness and reinforce guidelines for vaccine boosters in older adults,” the researchers – from Columbia University in New York, University of Vermont and Boston University – wrote in their paper.

(more)

https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/24/health/covid-antibody-response-vaccines/index.html

Very interesting!

For myself I am ok with no pain for suffering... smiling!