pruritis .recomendations for cure

3NUMBAS

Try Nizoral cream (Ketoconazole), any pharmacy.

Anal yeast infections are a common fungal infection caused by a yeast called Candida. Symptoms include an intense itching sensation around your anus called pruritus ani. Treatment includes antifungal creams, ointments or suppositories.

https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/diseases/22907-anal-yeast-infection

The most common cause of occasional anal itching (pruritus ani) is a fungus/yeast infection. ...  It is frequently worse at night.

https://hemorrhoidcentersamerica.com/anal-rectal-problems/anal-itching/

Edited by retiree
  • Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, 3NUMBAS said:

but doent seem to wor

I think the psychological factor is being ignored here. The other replies are describing horrifying possibilities which will be increasing your concerns and creating vivid nightmares. We need to deescalate and resolve this. 

You don't mention this but this is crucial: are you scratching it? Are you washing the area with soap to clean away these terrifying nightmares?

I'm going to guess you are scratching and you are thoroughly washing the area with soap. 

You MUST NOT apply soap and water to the area. If you do, it will dry up and itch. It is a membrane surface, it is not supposed to be dry. 

If you are scratching, you must regard it as your highest priority to stop scratching. Get some Sudocrem and apply it each time you feel the urge to scratch. Do this until things calm down. It will dampen the itch sensation, heal up the skin, and even has a small anti-fungal capability, even though I doubt that is the problem. After a couple of hours, you will start to gain control. If this is not enough, for a very brief time, apply tiny amounts of Pharmavate. Your only focus is on stopping the itching so the Sudocrem can do its job of healing the area. 

Good luck!

• Like 2

Don't use soap. I frequently and thoroughly washed and dried the area  with water only. Then applied Canazol-Be cream to it. I stopped wearing under- pants and wore a sarong around the house to get some air around the area. It cleared up after a couple of weeks. But the washing and drying seems to be the answer to keeping it at bay.

Treatment depends on cause. Which may be:

pinworm:  treatment is single 400 mg dose of albendazole, repeat again after 2 weeks. Readily available over the counter here. Also carefully wash all bedding and nightclothes in very hot water after taking the medication, and if you are married/partner, treat them as well even if asympstomatic.

yeast infection (fungus):  treatment is antifungal cream such as clotrimazole. AVOID ones that are combined with a steroid.

contact dermatitis: treatment is aimed at the cause i.e. avoid whatvere is causin gthe irritation

hemorrhoid: treat the hemorrhoid as indicated

• Thanks 1