How much can I transfer in one go with internet both Bangkok Bank accounts.

For very private reasons I want to transfer a large sum of money to my Thai wife’s account by internet banking. Both with Bangkok bank accounts, what is the maximum I can do in one go and would it throw up any red flags. 
I’m not interested in hearing from the usual crowd of don’t be so stupid as I have a very good and private reason for doing so. 

I transferred a large amount to my wife's account the other day on my banking app, from K Bank to Gov Savings Bank. My limit in one transfer is ฿5M.

I'm sure Bangkok Bank would have similar facilities on internet banking or their Mobile App for large local transfers.

If I transferred the money at the branch it would have cost over ฿500

21 minutes ago, poppysdad said:

Thanks both but reply 1 gives me the answer I’m looking for and setting a limit is not what I’m wanting to do at all. 

Be careful.

Limits are different depending on the bank, the branch and on your personal settings.

The limit on my wife's account with BAY was 500,000 baht per day

The limit on my account - I have never hit it, but it may be in the millions. I am also with BAY.

2Million THB per day is the maximum (you’ll need to go into your account & raise the standard limit of 50 or 100k pd) although the Branch can transfer more than this if you go in person (IIRC it cost approx 1,200b if you do it this way & that was Bangkok Bank - Bangkok Bank). 

F4688531-34D0-4FEF-8CB9-CA14CF62FA19.png

Takes seconds to do & is effective immediately, can simply change it back once you’ve completed your transaction. 

Edited by Mike Teavee

16 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

As stated above you're able to set a limit. Mine is 100K thb per day. I tried to increase it but couldn't figure it out.

If your account is with Bangkok Bank & you use the mobile app it’s very simple…

Login, click on the 3 dots (…) in the bottom right hand corner, scroll down to “Account Settings” & select “Personal Limits”…

FD283D96-591A-498B-810F-57378AA826E7.png

8 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

If your account is with Bangkok Bank & you use the mobile app it’s very simple…

Login, click on the 3 dots (…) in the bottom right hand corner, scroll down to “Account Settings” & select “Personal Limits”…

FD283D96-591A-498B-810F-57378AA826E7.png

I use a lap top. I'll try next time.

Defeats the object of internet banking if I have to go to the bank, and get a number and take my place in the queue just to ask them a question of how to do one particular thing in internet banking. Might just as well do I’m while in there and delete my app on my phone. Why not simply offer a sensible suggestion like everybody else who answers the question actually asked.