Ottawa Thai Embassy Not Helpful

On 11/14/2022 at 3:37 PM, Des1 said:

An update if anyone is interested.

I just received (finally) my METV from the Thai Embassy in Ottawa.

How they managed to send it to me at 3 a.m Monday morning in Ottawa I have no idea.

They told me in a previous email they have received MANY visa requests, thus the delay.

I started the process Oct. 01, on the 12th they requested more information on my travel plans.

This, I think, is what confused many of us. They wanted a PDF document. I think now it did not matter the content, just the document format to plug into their system.

They never replied to emails saying documents had been received, so we were left wondering. They should have, like other embassies, acknowledged receipt of information.

Oh well. lesson learned.

3am likely as final word/approval comes from Thailand, not a Canada office, and so with the time difference, it was put through then.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Celsius said:

Received it this very moment.

It doesn't look anything like visa, but I'm happy.

Timeline for anyone that cares.

Submitted November 9th

Documents approved November 15th

Delivered November 28th

That was quick. I submitted on Oct 01, got approved Nov 14. Mind you they did ask for more information (re METV) so that probably dropped me down the queue.

33 minutes ago, mushroomdave said:

3am likely as final word/approval comes from Thailand, not a Canada office, and so with the time difference, it was put through then.  

The approval e visa application are approved by the embassy or consulate your application was sent to.

There is no central location for where they are sent to here in Thailand.

• Like 1