Intern. Arrivals STILL checked at BKK ?

THAIPHUKET

At this time I believe Internationals arrivals at CNX airport are:  

1. Air Asia-from Kuala Lumpur(I believe it has started since they are taking bookings)

2. Scoot Air from Singapore(I just booked this flight and it was not exactly cheap)

3. Korean Air from Incheon because I heard the return flight leaving at around midnight. 

As soon as Emperor Xi decides to free his people the mainland Chinese Carriers should start landing at CNX. 

Before Covid ;there were a lot of international flights landing at CNX(Even Qatar used to fly there)

47 minutes ago, taotoo said:

I'm sure pre-covid I've been abroad on Thai Airways from Chiang Mai via Bangkok, and went through immigration at Chiang Mai.

Question is I believe arriving Chiang Mai not departing.

When you transfer at BKK from international to domestic there is an immigration point with 3-4 desks and hopefully not the sort of queues we've seen reported recently. 

The current procedure is the same as pre-Covid. When arriving in Bangkok, there is a transfer desk, where you show your onward boarding pass. You then move into the transfer Immigration area, where you are stamped into Thailand and then move on into the Domestic terminal, where you then head to the gate of your next flight.

Please note that previously security checks were done straight after immigration, which led to long queues, often back into the immigration room. That now has changed and the security checks are done prior to the gates, but this can also cause delays, so make sure you head to your gate with plenty of time.