Set up online payment options for business

AustinRacing

Not sure where it fits so please place it in the right forum. 

we are setting up a business in Thailand selling products in Thailand using online purchases only. 

I’d like to know how best to do it. Which gateway? Direct all purchase requests to own website? Direct all purchases to a known entity like Shoppee/Lazada? 

We will be using fb, Google, Line, TikTok platforms for advertising.

It depends on if you’re only going after the Thais. I would imagine you could always do bank transfers. Very limited option I know, but would be interested to know of any services that accept all kinds of payments for both local and international buyers. 

If you open an official business with a business bank account you could ask your bank to accept credit cards online (e - commerce).

The bank would put you in touch with their technical support that will advise you what you have to do on your website in order to connect to the service. Usually the first payment page the customers will see is on your page, and then it will be directed to the bank's payment gateway visa secure connection.

As jcmj mentioned above, if you're only going for local market, bank transfers will be easier as all you have to do is give customers the account details (can create a QR code with the bank's app) and there are no technical issues not costs for receiving payments.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, flyDelight said:

Stripe is your best option, it has popular local payment options implemented.

As far as I'm aware Stripe don't operate in Thailand so if that's the case it would only work if the OP wanted to withdraw payments to the bank account of his home country.

I believe Omise are the most popular option within Thailand.

• Thumbs Up 1