How do I get retirement visa, 800k already in Thai bank

On 11/3/2022 at 10:39 PM, DrJack54 said:

I just recently did my extension based on retirement at CW and they stuffed up regarding financials. 

I obtained the extension but only by allowing them to save face. 

I'm a little slow. Could you please explain that. Thanx.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

And what is the end of this story? In my case same problem as 800к+ is not marked as a foreign transaction. Who has had a similar experience in Pattaya? Can the Jomtien IO refuse a first non-o visa in this case? I don't want to work with a visa agent and spend 30k for nothing.

After exhausting most avenues regarding a visa, I think my only option now is a retirement visa. I am thinking of just going on a 45 day visa free and applying in Bangkok. I dont have a thai bank account and from some that has seemed to have proven a bit of a hassle. Is it better just to do it all through an agent and if so is there anywhere here on TV that has any reccommended agents? I have looked on line but there seems to be a great discrepency between agent fees and their reliability is unknown.

19 minutes ago, Hugh Cow said:

Is it better just to do it all through an agent

You will need a bank account using an agent, and it has to be one of the banks they deal with - check in advance. People are posting that it is getting very difficult to open a bank account and agents are now assisting with this for a fee.

• Thumbs Up 1

26 minutes ago, Hugh Cow said:

Is it better just to do it all through an agent and if so is there anywhere here on TV that has any reccommended agents

On a visa exempt entry very difficult to open Thai bank account in Bangkok. 

Contact Siam Legal and cross check with ThaiVisaCentre

Should be about 4k.

They generally used Bangkok Bank.

That's fine as Bangkok Bank is one of only 3 banks that still have a large limit on transfers with WISE.

The others have a limit of 50k baht. Useless. 

Quote from WISE: 

"You can send up to 2 million THB per transfer.

Please note that you can send 50,000 THB or above per transfer only to the following banks from 7 January 2022 due to regulatory changes:

Bangkok Bank Public Company

Kasikorn Bank

Siam Commercial Bank

You can still send money to recipient accounts that use other banks, but you’ll only be allowed to send them up to 49,999 THB per transfer. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 4 months later...
On 11/3/2022 at 7:56 AM, Liquorice said:

You can also print the Wise PDF transfer receipt(s) off that many Immigration offices also accept as proof of overseas funds transfer.

Has anyone done this successfully at the CM IO for non-O tm87?  

I suppose for some, such as myself it would be easier than waiting 5 days for Bangkok Bank to issue the statement. 

Since CM requires 21 days remaining on the VOA to apply for the non-O, I will have 7 days (5 business days) to get the document from the bank, that's cutting it pretty close. Otherwise, I'll need to get an extension at the end of the 30-day VOA. 

It would be appreciated if anyone can confirm if the CM IO will accept Wise transfer

27 minutes ago, khunJam said:

Otherwise, I'll need to get an extension at the end of the 30-day VOA. 

Think this is better option and obtain bank statement.

BTW: It's not VOA you have a visa exempt stamp valid for 30 days.

You can apply for extension couple of weeks prior to permit expiry. 

image.jpeg.cca8038d96964127978a6fd26e9de3b6.jpeg

5.3) states evidence of foreign transfer, it doesn't mention that the statement needs to be handed to the customer by the bank employee. 

I assume this bank statement with FTT therein generated on the day of application is suffice?

image.jpeg.6a87733e6b546ceab38b383e9d942a2c.jpeg