Motorbike Mechanics.

NoshowJones

30 minutes ago, In the jungle said:

I ride the NC30 probably a couple of times a year.  Draining the carbs would be a good idea but to do that I would need to remove a whole bunch of bodywork and it is all genuine 30 year old plastics by Honda.  Brittle as hell.

Carbs can be serviced by pulling the tank off but that can be done without removing most of the plastics.

Hear what you say, doing any maintenance on my Mia Noi is not a problem for me being retired i love it. ????????

51 minutes ago, In the jungle said:

Draining the carbs would be a good idea but to do that I would need to remove a whole bunch of bodywork

Siphon tank, then start

& run carbs MT.

Refill benzene

w/ a little 2t oil

added to prevent rust in tank.

????️

11 hours ago, papa al said:

Siphon tank, then start

& run carbs MT.

Refill benzene

w/ a little 2t oil

added to prevent rust in tank.

????️

When emptying a tank i use WD40 to prevent rust forming internally in the tank. 

23 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

They might be but they are a bitch to get off unless workshop has a powered tire changer. 

I've changed and balanced tubless tires on my bikes for at least 20 years.  It's not difficult using tire irons and rim protectors.

On 11/7/2022 at 2:38 PM, Kwasaki said:

I have no idea why some Honda bike shops are so unhelpful.

You best ask local people where they go. 

Years ago i was fortunate enough  to find a rare Thai person who was a trained mechanic also had raced Honda bikes and repaired all types of bikes as well as honda.

Any bike shop around where we live will change tyres on any fonza is a much the same as any scoot. 

Probably very low or no qualifications and the loss if face it it goes wrong, best not to take that risk.

• Thumbs Up 1

23 hours ago, Lacessit said:

One goes to a Honda shop to get their Honda fixed. One goes to a tyre shop to get a tyre fixed.

Am I being too logical for this thread?

There are no motorbike tyre shops where I live so the Honda dealer in the next town has to order one for me.

1 hour ago, possum1931 said:

There are no motorbike tyre shops where I live so the Honda dealer in the next town has to order one for me.

I am not sure whether car tyre shops carry motorbike tyres as well, but it may be worth a try.

I find it hard to believe you are so far out in the sticks that there would not be at least one shop servicing two-wheel transport, apart from a Honda dealer in the next town. So many Thais that can't afford four wheels.

Have you tried Lazada? 37,000 items when I looked.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I am not sure whether car tyre shops carry motorbike tyres as well, but it may be worth a try.

I find it hard to believe you are so far out in the sticks that there would not be at least one shop servicing two-wheel transport, apart from a Honda dealer in the next town. So many Thais that can't afford four wheels.

Have you tried Lazada? 37,000 items when I looked.

That's the way it is, I have to go and get my tyre tomorrow.