600,000 baht for 12 months

georgegeorgia

5 minutes ago, JayClay said:

You want to find out what people spending over a million year are "wasting" it on.... And you think the best way to do that is by asking to hear from people who have only spent just over half of that? ????????

Why the breakfast photo,s? 

4 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

If on a legit marriage visa, then 40k a month is probably spent wisely.

If on a legit retirement visa, no family, or just wife, then should be plenty extra for that smile.  65k a month is actually hard to spend if no vices.

At present, since no real bills, could easily live on 10-15k a month, and comfy at that, with the wife.  With rent, electric & petrol bill, we easily lived on 30-35k a month, just a few months ago.  If single, I might need an extra 10k, and not for P4P, as don't need for 'social smiles'.

No need to spend 60k a month, IMO, unless feeding your vices.

I agree. We don't try not spending and we have plenty of cash reserves if we need them. But our 50k a month lets us eat out four/five times a week, support a niece at university and run two vehicles. Our utilities cost 2,500 a month and we own our home. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

My average over the last 3 years is 55,000 baht/month. At that rate, I will run out of backup assets when I am 103. I will still have a pension.

I live as I want to, if I feel like having a luxury occasionally I do it.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I certainly spent more than 50k per month. I spent a lot on good food. Personally, I don't think that money is wasted. If I would have substantially more money, then probably I would also buy good wine.

"Wasting money" is a very relative concept.

ross-main.jpg

Can you marry steak?

45 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

If on a legit marriage visa, then 40k a month is probably spent wisely.

If on a legit retirement visa, no family, or just wife, then should be plenty extra for that smile.  65k a month is actually hard to spend if no vices.

At present, since no real bills, could easily live on 10-15k a month, and comfy at that, with the wife.  With rent, electric & petrol bill, we easily lived on 30-35k a month, just a few months ago.  If single, I might need an extra 10k, and not for P4P, as don't need for 'social smiles'.

No need to spend 60k a month, IMO, unless feeding your vices.

Nice for you that you are happy with that. I like good food, nice drinks, cigars and live music. Have 3 houses on different locations and 2 kids who need a good education.

Obviously people have different lifestyles. We split our time between UK and Thailand - spending around 3 months alternately in each country. My wife owns properties in Pattaya and Udon so no rent to pay but when in Thailand we like to tour around a lot. So hotels, meals, petrol etc.  60k covers it.

Wife has businesses in UK and Thailand so she uses her money to support family and buy ever more land...

In UK we spend more....we also like to travel (to Spain, Italy etc) and that's not cheap. Also I keep a small collection of cars, including an Aston, and that's expensive.

Air fares are rocketing too..... but sure, if you just stay in Thailand 50-60k a month for a couple gives a reasonable living standard.

• Like 1