Good news for Expats: New visa extensions online will take only three minutes - first for Thailand

3 minutes ago, redsongthaew said:

So the OP states there are 200,000 of these types of visa issued per year in Bangkok.

Each applicant must pay 500 baht.

That is 100 million baht per year incone for VFS for providing an online only service..

Thats it in a nutshell

100m

• Haha 1

OMG and than with the knwledge of the 90 days extension and fines if things go wrong, now a new program with what kind of not working modules in it?? Better go to the office everything will fine. We have read that 90 days reports online not always are known at local immigration offices sometimes.. Extensions with mistakes could give severe trouble 

Edited by ikke1959
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, MickTurator said:

So an extension based on retirement is not covered with this new online service.

I'm guessing it will equally apply to those married to Thais on a NON-Imm visa and extensions since they are only in the country for visiting their families.

Edited by userabcd
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, SantikamSpinner said:

Agree. There is no mention of the financial requirement (B400K), or of home visits or several other things that make the annual extension process so much fun.

Mind, I would hesitate anyway before giving VFS (of all people) details of my bank.........

Glad I am not in BKK and have just done a year's worth - can sit back and watch this pan out!

VFS are certainly expanding their services!

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, userabcd said:
1 hour ago, MickTurator said:

So an extension based on retirement is not covered with this new online service.

I'm guessing it will equally apply to those married to Thais on a NON-Imm visa and extensions.

Those extensions are specifically not mentioned or did you mean that they will equally not apply?

Just now, BangkokReady said:
29 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

something that is a positive improvement

And another chance for the crazies to loudly proclaim "This is unquestionably a good thing!  My opinion is fact, and anyone who points out anything negative about it in any way is actually proving they are wrong (and a racist Thai-basher to boot)!".  ????

If you're suggesting that I have ever posted that, then that says a lot about you.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

If you're suggesting that I have ever posted that, then that says a lot about you.

It's hyperbole and not directed specifically at you.  Obviously I am not suggesting that you have ever posted that.

Edited by BangkokReady
  • Thumbs Up 1