Phuket immigration need appointment?

Might be easier to extend at the small Patong immigration  office depending where you are located....... Ive seen many in there extending but I don't know what length of extension the office can do......

Edited by CANSIAM

2 minutes ago, CANSIAM said:

Might be easier to extend at the small Patong immigration  office depending where you are located....... Ive seen many in there extending but I don't know what length of extension the office can do......

These days I actually prefer to travel to the main office - far more civilised. The Patong one is cramped, disorganised and the staff (on the two occasions I used it in the past) were very rude and abrupt.

No, you don't need an appointment but make sure that you've got all of the required paperwork, cash and photos - there are helpers who will assist.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, London Lowf said:

These days I actually prefer to travel to the main office - far more civilised. The Patong one is cramped, disorganised and the staff (on the two occasions I used it in the past) were very rude and abrupt.

No, you don't need an appointment but make sure that you've got all of the required paperwork, cash and photos - there are helpers who will assist.

I think whats happening at Patong Immigration as well is that many folks run in there trying to get something done with no paper work of their own or even a pen. I did a TM30 there took 15 minutes and a Certificate of Residence on another occasion took 15 minutes. IO stated ( appeared to be the senior guy there ) for 90 day reports just bring your previous slip no need a TM47 and other copies or better yet do it online........

No appointment necessary at either.

Phuket Town - Get there very early stock up on gaffee buran and kanom for the queue. If you get sunburn take an umbrella as you'll spend some time in the sun.

While Patong offices are seeing less numbers it's still (always) a total bun-fight ... to get served early you need to get there at least an hour before the doors open and fight to keep you spot every moment - people push shove squeeze and intimidate/get cranky with others all the time there (its also in direct sunlight from about 7 am onwards so it gets hot as hell, or if raining you'll get drenched along with your paperwork).

Phuket Town is far more organised, there's much more physical space and more shade cover. The I.O. support officers allow far less chaos here too.

Make sure your paperwork is in perfect order, you've got the exact cash and correct photos for the visa type extension before you queue up. 

Thank the gods I don't have to go to these places anymore ????????????????

Edited by Tropposurfer