Woke phrases that p*ss you off....

simon43

41 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

That was rather amusing .

Trudeau interrupted a Woman asking  a question and told her to use the word "Peoplekind" and NOT "Mankind" to be all inclusive . He then went on to speak to someone else , and not allowing the Woman to finish off her question 

Grade A Fl.g

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

African-American. What the hell is wrong with saying someone is black? I don't mind being called white.

I think that it was Lenny Henry who went to the USA and was referred to as "Afro-American" and he had to tell them that he was actually

" British -Jamaican" and nothing to do with either America or Africa .  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BangkokReady said:

I can ignore a lot of them, but I really don't like the attempts at erasing women.

"People with vaginas", or any sh*t like that, I find abhorrent.  I'm not a feminist by a long shot, but the thought of trans people erasing the identity of women and reducing them to their sex organs, simply because the existence of "real women" upsets them, really irks me.

People with periods.

Chest feeders.

I don't know about "woke", but:

Trope.

Lateral Ableism.

~

Edited by JimmyJ
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Lacessit said:

African-American. What the hell is wrong with saying someone is black? I don't mind being called white.

I think I've mentioned this before, but I was watching the news on the TV in the US some years ago when Blacks were rioting in Paris. The US newscaster was reading the copy and said "African-Americans are rioting in Paris...", and you could immediately see the look of horror on her face, as if to say "what idiot wrote this copy?".

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, DrDave said:

I think I've mentioned this before, but I was watching the news on the TV in the US some years ago when Blacks were rioting in Paris. The US newscaster was reading the copy and said "African-Americans are rioting in Paris...", and you could immediately see the look of horror on her face, as if to say "what idiot wrote this copy?".

That is incorrect  , they were peacefully protesting , they weren't rioting .

The people rioting were some other people, probably Trump supported , MFGA people

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I think that it was Lenny Henry who went to the USA and was referred to as "Afro-American" and he had to tell them that he was actually

" British -Jamaican" and nothing to do with either America or Africa .  

Right, it becomes confusing, misleading.

I had an acquaintance who described a Black African person as African American.

And of course Elon Musk is accurately described as an African-American person as he is originally from Pretoria, South Africa.

But nobody actually thinks of Musk when they say African-American.

Even still, it doesn't really upset me.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lacessit said:

In 2004 a US presidential candidate's white wife, who was born in Kenya, said she was "African American."  The Black folks didn't like that.

I'm surprised the Kiwi team All Blacks hasn't been forced to change their name.

• Thumbs Up 1