Woke phrases that p*ss you off....

simon43

15 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Though not woke, cannot stand the way TV people in the UK overuse, or just use, the word massively. Major cringe and reason enough to emigrate!

"literally" has taken on new meaning. I heard a football commentator say "he is literally on fire today". Makes me want to smash my head against a wall!!

• Like 2

On 11/10/2022 at 4:14 PM, 2baht said:

I "woke" up at 6.00am, how many times do I have to say it! Bloody rooster "woke" me up!!! Time the "woke" brigade "woke" up and realised this word has been around as long as English has been in existence! "Woke" is the past tense of wake!!! Get it???

But I love Rooster's weekly articles - they force me to think early in the morning - (and from you being rude about Rooster, how much I like your comment and how much I love living in Thailand)

On 11/10/2022 at 4:14 PM, 2baht said:

I "woke" up at 6.00am, how many times do I have to say it! Bloody rooster "woke" me up!!! Time the "woke" brigade "woke" up and realised this word has been around as long as English has been in existence! "Woke" is the past tense of wake!!! Get it???

Used to be. Wicked used to mean very bad and now it means terrific. Bad used to mean something nasty but now it means good. I have no idea what words now replace wicked and bad to mean something unpleasant. Women who act used to be actresses and now they have succumbed to male domination and are called actors. All very strange. 'It's the English language Jim, but not as we know it'.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 11/11/2022 at 11:03 AM, nikmar said:

"literally" has taken on new meaning. I heard a football commentator say "he is literally on fire today". Makes me want to smash my head against a wall!!

makes me want to smash his literal head against the wall....

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Aussieroaming said:

I dislike the whole "woke" BS topic.

This insidious rubbish seems to have bred and propagated during the last decade. It is non binary gender confusing, neo facist, feministic, Trans inducing, snot gobbling garbage.

Bring back the 70's and 80's.

Yah, far out! 70s & 80s, so we can have a groovy rap session with the bro's! Oh WOW!