Woke phrases that p*ss you off....

simon43

On 11/11/2022 at 2:43 AM, bendejo said:

In 2004 a US presidential candidate's white wife, who was born in Kenya, said she was "African American."  The Black folks didn't like that.

What is the woke title for a black person from Africa?

Africa African?

• Haha 1

On 11/10/2022 at 8:03 PM, nikmar said:

"literally" has taken on new meaning. I heard a football commentator say "he is literally on fire today". Makes me want to smash my head against a wall!!

I agree, it literally drives me crazy.

But it isn't a woke thing, it has infected all persuasions and many folks who I would think would know better.

Edited by cdemundo
  • Like 1

This is not necessarily a "woke" expression, but the one that annoys me is when a person gets caught in wrongdoing and says "that's not who I am". 

The question (IMHO) is not "who they are" it's "what they did".

Also, "I take full responsibility for" when the only responsibility they take is to admit what they have already been caught doing.

Now I gotta chase some damn kids off my lawn.

1 hour ago, cdemundo said:

This is not necessarily a "woke" expression, but the one that annoys me is when a person gets caught in wrongdoing and says "that's not who I am".

I get the impression that is yet another piece of inane wisdom from the world of hip-hop, about as profound as "haters gonna hate."

On 11/10/2022 at 7:35 AM, Lacessit said:

African-American. What the hell is wrong with saying someone is black? I don't mind being called white.

Exactly. Racism against white people is off the charts and BLM started it all. I'm glad I was born when I was (65 years ago) when things were calmer and nicer in the world. 

There was no social media (worst thing that ever happened to mankind) where people "share" their incites and stir up a hornet's nest with people who can't accept a differing opinion. Back then people shared their opinions with their friends and family instead of the entire world. Crazy world. I wish we could back up 40 years and start again with a smarter approach.

4 minutes ago, HuskerDo2 said:

Exactly. Racism against white people is off the charts and BLM started it all. I'm glad I was born when I was (65 years ago) when things were calmer and nicer in the world. 

There was no social media (worst thing that ever happened to mankind) where people "share" their incites and stir up a hornet's nest with people who can't accept a differing opinion. Back then people shared their opinions with their friends and family instead of the entire world. Crazy world. I wish we could back up 40 years and start again with a smarter approach.

Like, you are posting to the World on social media saying how bad social media is and how much better it would be if people just spoke to their friends and family .

You could indeed go and speak to your friends and family instead of posting om SM

• Haha 1

Just now, Mac Mickmanus said:

Like, you are posting to the World on social media saying how bad social media is and how much better it would be if people just spoke to their friends and family .

You could indeed go and speak to your friends and family instead of posting om SM

Pointless and senseless comment. But thanks all the same for sharing.

17 minutes ago, HuskerDo2 said:

Didn't you understand my point ?

About posting on social media about how bad social media is and it would all be better if we went and spoke with family and friends .

So, why not go and do that ?

Just now, Mac Mickmanus said:

Didn't you understand my point ?

About posting on social media about how bad social media is and it would all be better if we went and spoke with family and friends .

So, why not go and do that ?

Pansexual, amorosexual, or sexually fluid. Just admit you embrace a Greco, Roman lifestyle and are bisexual. Nothing wrong with hedonism. But, the new labels are very annoying. How would I know what you refer to yourself as? 

Then there is toxic masculinity. Nobody has ever used the term toxic femininity. So, are most men toxic? Really? Or is healthy expression of real masculinity just too much for certain groups? 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, bendejo said:

I get the impression that is yet another piece of inane wisdom from the world of hip-hop, about as profound as "haters gonna hate."

Doesn't seem to have anything to do with hiphop.

I would think it is more to do with white collar criminals and politicians doing fake TV confessionals/apologies.

Edited by cdemundo

1 hour ago, cdemundo said:

I would think it is more to do with white collar criminals and politicians doing fake TV confessionals/apologies.

Can we say White collar now days :giggle:

Is it not colored collar. :cheesy:

Edited by Orinoco

3 hours ago, cdemundo said:

"Mistakes were made" is my favorite in that category.

• Like 1

On 11/10/2022 at 6:27 PM, 2baht said:

Agreed, women get pregnant!

I agree with your Agreed.  If a chap seaid to me We are pregnant I would have to reply " Can I be there when you give birth ". " Oh and congrats. on your being pregnant same time as the wife ".

I mean really !

• Thumbs Up 1