Top physicians ask Thai court to ban cannabis use other than for strict medical purposes

snoop1130

On 11/11/2022 at 7:41 AM, Celsius said:

I have to go with a Thai physicians on this.

I'm back in Toronto and the whole city smells of <deleted> and weed. It is absolutely incredible how downhill this country has gone. I actually prefer the smell of Bangkok canals I swear to God.

I'm not the one to bash my country and my passport, but it is what it is. A $hole

It's an addictive drug.  Thai's still have family and culture something Canada is lacking. Have a strong social foundation is important.

• Like 1

I can't see the Administrative Court getting involved in this, certainly not while legislation is pending in Parliament.

Maybe if nothing happens in the next five years they'll re-visit it.

"Smith Srison, a member of the Medical Council of Thailand, and the opposition Pheu Thai Party, Move Forward Party, and Seri Ruam Thai Party jointly filed a petition with the Administrative Court"

Just another group of attention-starved Thai "professional" politicos  looking to seem relevant.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, SenorTashi said:

Care to elaborate? 

thai brick is about the worst thing you could smoke and inhale into your lungs. its filled with nasty chemicals and toxins etc. there is also very little to no cbd in thai weed either. 

psychotic episodes maybe you should leave to trained professionals to make those sort of assertations. there is no proven link between cannabis and psychosis. some studies have shown certain individuals are prone but outside factors are never included or incorporated. so for me it usually nullifies any of those studies. 

generally someone who freaks out from the devils lettuce would of done so in another way with any other number of catalyst. 

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, stoner said:

generally someone who freaks out from the devils lettuce would of done so in another way with any other number of catalyst. 

You seem quite determined for your theory to be true...

so, not much I can do about that ????

1 hour ago, SenorTashi said:

Not really. You gave me a mental health evaluation over the internet and with a name like stoner, I think I'll choose to ignore your diagnosis. Thanks all the same. 

no.

you stated that the lack of cbd which causes the episodes. gave you an evaluation ? ahh this isn't about your mental health.

then you go on to judge me regarding a screen name on an internet forum. classic.  on this forum too ? kind of like going into a car mechanics forum and guy with the name enginepuller answers your question about pulling engines.

there is no proven link between lack of cbd in cannabis and psychotic episodes. (maybe) 

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, stoner said:

there is no proven link between lack of cbd in cannabis and psychotic episodes

Didn't say there was. But just for the record, I have no problem with taking advice from stoners. I was talking about my own personal experience. Just like if I'd said I'd fallen out of an airplane and it had hurt and you replied, there is no evidence that it hurt you. That's just the way the internet is. 

On 11/12/2022 at 6:13 AM, SenorTashi said:

I agree with everything you said there and I was saying the above to my missus last night. I also said, just because the Buddha didn't enjoy the ganj, doesn't mean it's not sacred. It's very important to me that the plant is respected at all times. I've felt like that since my first experiences with it in the 70's. I've never ripped anyone off or ever sold any mouldy weed etc and if anyone ever rips me off, I get more upset me that they've disrespected the plant, than the fact that I've lost some money. 

I agree that it's very difficult to police THC levels. I just think it's a shame that they increased the power of it in the first place because as you say, it's been used for millenia without any problems. Most of my older friends don't want to smoke the newer, stronger strains because it does their heads in. Like you, I used to enjoy the stronger stuff for the buzz but I wouldn't touch it with a bargepole these days. 

I've been making my own edibles for years and almost every time I'm making cakes, I end up eating too much by licking the spoon and I've had some very intense and frightening experiences over the years. During one of the worst episodes, I honestly didn't know what life form I was for a while then when I'd calmed down a bit, I couldn't work out which hotel or town or country I was in, then I got very paranoid that I could be robbed at any minute.

I ended up totally naked and pouring with sweat, crouched in the corner of the hotel room and holding a large knife, which I'd been cutting the fudge into squares with. Suddenly the door swung open and the hotel manager said "And we have this room....' saw me crouching there, looking wild eyed and naked with a large knife, then quickly shut the door, saying, 'My mistake. Someone's in that room' ...lmao

I went back there several times over the years but we never talked about that.  

Based on what you described I would say, you'd better keep away from Cannabis, it's definitely not for you! 

• Haha 1

On 11/12/2022 at 1:00 AM, kwilco said:

just shows how even "educated" people can be stupid. As a recreational drug is is conclusively shown that it is relatively harmless compared to such things as alcohol, Whereas cannabis for medical purposes is practically useless.

I don't think so. I have known of quite a few cases, people with pain, migraines, people with insomnia, glaucoma etc... 

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, Shocked farang said:

I don't think so. I have known of quite a few cases, people with pain, migraines, people with insomnia, glaucoma etc... 

Once you say "I have known" your opinion becomes invalid....do you not understand that?

The topic stays "strict medical purposes" which don't exist with cannabis.

Anutin has actually said exactly what these people are saying, while knowing full well the reality that has emerged and having no plan to control it. As with prostitution, that's the Thai way and it will prevail, as it always does.

• Haha 1

On 11/10/2022 at 5:35 AM, snoop1130 said:

without having any regulations to protect people,

Protect people?  From the World's Safest Drug? 

More people have died drinking too much water than inhaling ganja, which is ZERO.

Put down the bottle of Lao Khao.

You're drunk. ????

Edited by SiSePuede419