PayPal no longer available to foreigners in Thailand

webfact

3 hours ago, webfact said:

In order to comply with the regulations, only those with a registered business account would be able to use PayPal to send and receive money and pay for goods and services online

So which part of this excludes foreigners from being able to use the service?

• Haha 1

I don't hate PayPal for this. I am sure they wouldn't do this change if they could keep the business like it is. They follow the law, or else.

So what are the options for us? I recently logged in to my PayPal account and they tell me I have to enter my Thai ID card number. I am not Thai, so I don't have that number.

Are there other options for foreigners? I.e. entering the number of a Thai driver license or something like that?

How easy is it for other people, like the Thai gf, to open an account?

These days I don't use PayPal much anymore, I guess I could live without it. But obviously it doesn't hurt to have an account. What do you do?

3 minutes ago, Songlaw said:

The part, where you must have firstly, a Thai ID. And secondly, a legally registered business. Unfortunate, really. So it goes. Nothing stays the same forever. Especially here. 

Okay. The Thai ID wasn't mentioned in the OP. If it was simply that you need a legally registered business then it wouldn't have been specifically stopping foreigners.

3 hours ago, TooMuchTime said:

The less farang meddling in illegal activities the better.

Do you read the news??? Check out the number of Chinese, Thai Police, Thai ex Police and Admin officials that have been involved in illegal activities lately. Racism at it's worst!!!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1