Thai-Lao Nong Khai Friendship Bridge Border Hours

Next week I would like to do a same day visa run over the Friendship Bridge from Nong Khai. (I need a new Tourist visa of 45 days.)

1) How late is each side open?

2) Is there any official resistance from either government against doing a same day run?

6am to 10pm.

You can do a border bounce same day without issue for a visa exempt entry 45days.

It's not a visa.

A visa run (eg tourist visa) would mean you are obtaining a visa and that is an AM apply and PM pick up the next day. 

Edited by DrJack54

I have said here before in July I did this. No covid issues just have a copy of vacs handy. I stayed at Udon caught a 11 baht train at 7am to Nong and 100 baht taxi to border checkpoint. By 8 am border open and I was over and back in an hour and cheap mini buses run regularly back to Udon near checkpoint. Buses into Laos like 20 baht one way, 30 baht back. I got asked where I was staying in Laos, but said I was in Laos one day but not overnight. I did have e visa into Laos paid and copy before I arrived Laos. Best option for less hastle. Flew to Udon from DM. Taxis to and from airport Udon 200 baht.

• Thumbs Up 1

Also,

3) Are any Covid related restrictions currently in effect in Lao?

Thanks for the replies.

4) I am concerned about making it back to Udon airport in time for a return flight to Bangkok. I cannot leave Bangkok any earlier, so I might have to buy the return at the airport counter.

Is the difference in price between buying online and at the airport desk substantial? For Air Asia, online the flight UTH - DMK is B 1450. How about at the airport counter -- 50%, 100%  higher?

Are Nok Air and Lion Air similar in the difference?