Why is the UK struggling more than other countries?

Scott

1 hour ago, DezLez said:

They are responding to leaks.

Please provide a statement from the UK Government that they are seeking such a "Swiss-Style" or any other deal!

The only one i ever heard talking about wanting Swiss style with EU 

was my favorite pm ever, Maggie and selfishling Maggie time was the time when I made all my dosh to be here in Thailand.

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

As I stated, the UK were denying the leaked information.

Are you saying that "leaked" information is the same as a government statement?

Reliable information has an attributable, quotable and verifiable source. 

A "leaked" source does not meet that standard until the source of the leak is uncovered and either confirmed as true or found to be false.

What is the verifiable source of your leak please?

1 hour ago, Kwasaki said:

Not sure what you mean, i just think Ukraine thing is going to cause big problems and with immigrants on the move in desperation for one way or another, things are ganna get messy,  i hope I'm wrong. 

If you did not understand what I remarked to your idea of "more EU leaving countries", perhaps you should try to find (on YT or else) an assessment of EU by Polish EMP prof. Legutko he presented this week (in good English) to EU assembly at celebration to 70 years of EU.

He called it: Two Minutes of Bitter Truth to the EU Parliament   (actually, it took him 4 minutes for which he was reprimanded by the not so happy EU president lady)

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, stevenl said:

Time and time again queues at airports are mentioned, visa requirements.

Oh, and then there are people complaining about the economy. Even by your own admittance Brexit related.

I did mean actually talking about Brexit itself , rather than any thing that may or may not be connected with Brexit .

Queues at airports is a different topic to Brexit .

The economy would be effected by Brexit , but again, the economy is a different topic to Brexit .

My point was that people are just getting on with it , rather than talking about whether we should have left or not 

19 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I did mean actually talking about Brexit itself , rather than any thing that may or may not be connected with Brexit .

Queues at airports is a different topic to Brexit .

The economy would be effected by Brexit , but again, the economy is a different topic to Brexit .

My point was that people are just getting on with it , rather than talking about whether we should have left or not 

So queues at airports and visa requirements are not caused by Brexit. And the effects of Brexit on the economy are a different topic than Brexit.

Your post confirms the level of discussion.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Rees-Mogg took it seriously.

Now while I regard Rees-Mogg as an idiot, I do accept he’s nearer to what’s going on behind the scenes in Government than anyone on this forum:

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1699166/brexit-news-eu-swiss-style-deal-trade-single-market

Please note that your link refers to "Government sources have privately suggested moving towards the arrangement over the next 10 years to pursue frictionless trade with the bloc."

It does NOT say "The Government"!

More misinformation from you.

Please quote actual public, not private, sources for your "dis"-information!

The Government actually said in the article you quoted;

Downing Street said: "This Government is focused on using our Brexit freedoms to create opportunities that drive growth and strengthen our economy.

"Brexit means we will never again have to accept a relationship with Europe that would see a return to freedom of movement, unnecessary payments to the European Union or jeopardise the full benefit of trade deals we are now able to strike around the world."

Edited by DezLez
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

The general apathy of the masses isn’t a reason to not be concerned. We are all too aware of what national apathy can lead to. 
And to conflate remainers concerns with self-interest is a typical Leavers response. It was this self-interest and myopic thinking that got us into this mess in the first place. 

There comes a point where you have to accept the result, accept it has happened and move on .

Accept the UK isn't in the E,U anymore and get on with life and go forwards  

To keep talking about whether it was the right or wrong decision is rather pointless now and its a waste of time to try and convince Leavers they were wrong .

Move on , the U.K has moved on 

7 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

What effect would a UK recession have on Brits living in Thailand ?

The manufacturing industry is 40% of Thailand’s GDP. Tourism is 20%. Any drop in purchasing or spending has a knock on effect. The UK is still a world presence but the major picture is the world itself. 
No problem for the boomer generation of course, you’ve already done your time. Big problem for all the rest of us though that rely on world economic confidence. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

The manufacturing industry is 40% of Thailand’s GDP. Tourism is 20%. Any drop in purchasing or spending has a knock on effect. The UK is still a world presence but the major picture is the world itself. 
No problem for the boomer generation of course, you’ve already done your time. Big problem for all the rest of us though that rely on world economic confidence. 

(Just like to point out that I am not actually a boomer)

1 hour ago, Saanim said:

If you did not understand what I remarked to your idea of "more EU leaving countries", perhaps you should try to find (on YT or else) an assessment of EU by Polish EMP prof. Legutko he presented this week (in good English) to EU assembly at celebration to 70 years of EU.

He called it: Two Minutes of Bitter Truth to the EU Parliament   (actually, it took him 4 minutes for which he was reprimanded by the not so happy EU president lady)

Never been interested in EU never wanted to join it.

Terrible idea cultures not same. 

7 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Rees-Mogg couldn’t find any BREXIT opportunities.

Is he a remainer?

What a pointless post!

I know, as do most of the members of this forum, that I am wasting my time asking this question, but just for one last time, would you please give a constructive answer to any of my previous questions! 

In particular this post of mine; 

"Reliable information has an attributable, quotable and verifiable source. 

A "leaked" source does not meet that standard until the source of the leak is uncovered and either confirmed as true or found to be false.

What is the verifiable source of your leak please?