Why is the UK struggling more than other countries?

Scott

19 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

That is why many people voted Brexit and the UK builders who are no longer getting undercut by 30-40  % are quite content with Brexit 

Really? I guess their willingness to sacrifice doesn't extend to the UK agricultural sector, which will be badly hurt by the Australian deal.

I guess buyers of new homes are rejoicing that their homes will cost anywhere from 40% to 55% more than they otherwise would have cost according to your figures.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Well , YOU don't know about the 71 other trade deals the UK has signed with other Countries but the rest of the World does know about them 

be so kind to enlighten us and name some

• Like 2

Just now, Mavideol said:

by decreasing so much one has to wonder how long before they reach the 26 million Australian

Well, Australia's population is increasing so it won't be 26 million Australians but quite a bit more. A lot of that is due to the fact that 29% of Australians are immigrants.

10 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Well, Australia's population is increasing so it won't be 26 million Australians but quite a bit more. A lot of that is due to the fact that 29% of Australians are immigrants.

Now the indigenous English will go through what happened to the Celts. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Are you seriously claiming that Australians of English descent are indigenous to Australia? 

No, many people know the Aboriginie people were populating Oz and there were probably others before them. 

59 minutes ago, superal said:

The greedy UK building companies and farmers were employing cheap foreign labour in order to maximise their profits . They had no worries about the local workforce who were out of work and had mortgages with some even losing their houses . 

Pay a decent wage and the labour will work for you . 

Back to the main topic .

The UK is now " Work in progress " . It will take 4 or 5 years to become economically stable and not reliant on the E.U. for trade and will become a stand alone strong independent country .   

Brexit was the best event as the UK has regained its self rule . No pain is no gain and staying in the E.C. would stunt any  UK growth in the long term .  To the remainers I say , watch the E.U. go into recession next year .  With Macron trying to become the president of Europe .

We need to make another distinction.

The threat to the UK’s farming industry created by the UK’s surrender trade deals with NZ and Australia does not arise from labour costs, it’s a direct result of UK farm production being undercut.

Both the UK building industry and Farming have long term labour problems, Brexit has made those problems worse.

The UK already has labour shortages across all sectors and a Government which is actively seeking to suppress wage increases.

End result, fewer workers, less production, lower productivity, lower GDP added to the already present recession.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

The english are not indigenous to Australia.

My bad I did mean to refer it to struggling UK,  never mind the UK will change dramatically over time and I see civil unrest becoming a constant problem. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, placeholder said:

It's clear that you don't understand that it's the aboriginal people of Australia who are the Celts in your example. 

Not really mis-understanding is a bit rich, when you talk of African people's. 

19 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

A deal with its closest integrated market would do the job, a free trade agreement with such a wealthy integrated market would definitely do the job.

Like the rest of the world in peace and trading, I quite agree. 

9 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Well, your words are English but I don't understand the reference to "African people's". Do you mean that homo sapiens were originally an African species?

Did you not know that,  there were others to before homo's, and to make it clear I don't mean irons. 

1 hour ago, Kwasaki said:

I would like to see many more deals to lift UK live from it's depth of despair.

they had the best deal any country could have dreamed off but some decided to screw it up .... now they are trying to collect any (small deal)  left overs  555

UK trade agreements in effect 

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/uk-trade-agreements-in-effect

if that helps feel free to consult the Brexit guidance to trade with EU which prior to the Brexit had no guidance's and/or limitations, it appears the UK shoot themselves on their "rear"

Brexit guidance

Find out how new Brexit rules apply to things like travel and doing business with Europe.

https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/brexit-guidance

Edited by Mavideol
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, placeholder said:

The UK government's negotiating team did a study and predicted that a free trade agreement with the USA would increase the UK's GDP by, at most, a whopping 0.16%

Post-Brexit UK-US trade deal could boost economy by 0.16%, Government predicts

A post-Brexit trade deal with the US is estimated as having the potential to grow the UK economy by 0.16%, according to the Government’s negotiating objectives.

The £3.4 billion yearly increase outlined in the document published on Monday was predicted under the best-case scenario where the UK eliminates import tariffs with the States.

But if only “substantial tariff liberalisation” is achieved, then the increase estimated in 15 years was put at 0.07%, or £1.6 billion, in the Governments’ preliminary assessment.

https://www.kidderminstershuttle.co.uk/news/national/18274378.post-brexit-uk-us-trade-deal-boost-economy-0-16-government-predicts/

In fact, the UK exported a record amount to the USA in 2019.

image.png.2bcb6e7c7d2828e65e7152b5ff7b3670.png

https://tradingeconomics.com/united-kingdom/exports/united-states

not going to happen any time soon

US ‘will not entertain’ UK trade deal that risks Good Friday agreement

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/mar/24/us-will-not-entertain-uk-trade-deal-that-risks-good-friday-agreement

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kwasaki said:

I would like to see many more deals to lift UK live from it's depth of despair.

an update to the current trade deal the UK has..... current talks and agreements are not signed deals but it appears the UK can eat more NZ lamb 555

Brexit: What trade deals has the UK done so far?

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-47213842

Most recently it signed a deal with New Zealand on 28 February 2022.

New Zealand is a small trading partner, accounting for less than 0.2% of total UK trade.  While the deal is unlikely to boost the UK economy by much, it could lead to more New Zealand lamb being sold in the UK.

Edited by Mavideol
  • Like 2