General Questions Related To Condo Purchase

3 hours ago, Laphroaig27 said:

With a copy of chanote can we search at land office? Will they give us a letter the title is clear?

Yes, with a copy of the chanot or even just the number of it you can go to the land office. They'll pull out their copy of the chanot and tell you if it's clear or not. They won't issue a letter though.

On the day of title transfer or shortly before you should get a letter from the condo office stating the % of current foreign owners and that the current owner doesn't owe anything to the office. Cutting off the agent that introduced you to the unit is illegal.

If you have a Thai wife why don't you ask her to check all those things?

2 hours ago, LukKrueng said:

Yes, with a copy of the chanot or even just the number of it you can go to the land office. They'll pull out their copy of the chanot and tell you if it's clear or not. They won't issue a letter though.

On the day of title transfer or shortly before you should get a letter from the condo office stating the % of current foreign owners and that the current owner doesn't owe anything to the office. Cutting off the agent that introduced you to the unit is illegal.

If you have a Thai wife why don't you ask her to check all those things?

Thanks for all that.

Yes, she will definitely be involved. First thing to send her to land office. It's new to both of us.

15 hours ago, Laphroaig27 said:

Thanks+1

There are a few going for roundabout figures. This is the least expensive, high floor, good plan, nice building. I think it's even North facing. Imo best of the half dozen similar offer. As there are many over this price I can only assume they know the price that might sell and the price that won't. How much lower is a question. It's an ok deal on a good condo in a good building.

Another issue I have is having seen the USD hit 38 there's no way I'll settle for less.

Just have to see how it plays out.

Would not bother trying to 2nd guess the exchange rate. If you both like the condo, location and you can find a price both you and the seller are happy with just get it done.

The exchange rate might go up and might go down... 2nd guessing it or waiting for it to reach a certain amount just seems a waste of time.

You like it, want to stay there-- the amount you save in one months rent essentially would account for any swing in exchange.

Just get it bought.

12 hours ago, smutcakes said:

Would not bother trying to 2nd guess the exchange rate. If you both like the condo, location and you can find a price both you and the seller are happy with just get it done.

The exchange rate might go up and might go down... 2nd guessing it or waiting for it to reach a certain amount just seems a waste of time.

You like it, want to stay there-- the amount you save in one months rent essentially would account for any swing in exchange.

Just get it bought.

Understand the perspective but the THB was down to 38 now < I'm not in a buying mood. 2b on 100k USD is a bit more than a month's rent. 

Saw the place, liked it. Made an offer, but it's all contingent on the exchange assuming it's even accepted. I'll go a bit higher but not much. Lots of hidden work

While good condos at decent prices are few and far between it's still not such an epic deal that I'm rushing into it.

I feel both the Thai economy and housing market is weakening not the opposite. USD should strengthen over next 12-18-24; months. After that no idea.

16 hours ago, Laphroaig27 said:

Understand the perspective but the THB was down to 38 now < I'm not in a buying mood. 2b on 100k USD is a bit more than a month's rent. 

Saw the place, liked it. Made an offer, but it's all contingent on the exchange assuming it's even accepted. I'll go a bit higher but not much. Lots of hidden work

While good condos at decent prices are few and far between it's still not such an epic deal that I'm rushing into it.

I feel both the Thai economy and housing market is weakening not the opposite. USD should strengthen over next 12-18-24; months. After that no idea.

Its been to 38 like once in 10 years, be prepared to wait another decade...

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Laphroaig27 said:

An amazing statement. But why "After that no idea"? Please let me me know why you had an idea for up to 2 years and then suddenly not anymore. 

1 hour ago, Mickeymaus said:

An amazing statement. But why "After that no idea"? Please let me me know why you had an idea for up to 2 years and then suddenly not anymore. 

Because the Fed HAD to tighten. This drove up interest rates world over. THB got a huge bump and then by last meeting not only didn't get a bump with +. 75 interest rate for USD the THB has actually sank to under 36.

Metals ARE up which means dollar is down but 2.75b!

Why I've totally no clue is Fed meeting again. Powell has stated rates to positive for next six months. Yet in anticipation of this we see a weak dollar.

Many economists now talk of a tiny rate hike or pause bc the economy is sucking. Powell jawboned only full steam ahead in last meeting.

What's your analysis in the next six months?

5 minutes ago, Laphroaig27 said:

Because the Fed HAD to tighten. This drove up interest rates world over. THB got a huge bump and then by last meeting not only didn't get a bump with +. 75 interest rate for USD the THB has actually sank to under 36.

Metals ARE up which means dollar is down but 2.75b!

Why I've totally no clue is Fed meeting again. Powell has stated rates to positive for next six months. Yet in anticipation of this we see a weak dollar.

Many economists now talk of a tiny rate hike or pause bc the economy is sucking. Powell jawboned only full steam ahead in last meeting.

What's your analysis in the next six months?

I was surprised that you had ideas for the next two years and no ideas for the years after that.  I've given up making predictions about currencies. It always turned out differently than I thought. I really hoped the Baht will fall further but... (wanted to get rid of my old USD traveller cheques at a good rate :crying:). 

Regarding Central Banks. You only have to look at the DOW and other indexes. Then you know for whom they printed money. And in Europe the ECB finances many bankrupt countries.  And the citizens of richer countries pay for it. All this is a scandal but obviously nobody cares. 

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/13/2022 at 7:36 PM, Laphroaig27 said:

Hows your 38 target looking for your condo purchase? Still waiting?