TM86?

14 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You get a visa stamp that states non-o on it that is only valid for the day it is issued and a entry stamp starting a 90 day stay in the country on that day,

So the same day I have a Non Immigrant Visa, but not the next? Do you understand that contradicts a "Permision To Stay" from the moment you leave the Immigration Office until 2400 the same day?

If you lose your visa when passing the passport control, why don't you lose your visa when you leave the Immigration Office?

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, jimn said:

Close the thread. The OP is obviously trying to wind people up.

I am NOT trying to "wind" anyone up. This is a serious thread where I want to shed light on this belief that one does not have a visa, but a "Permission Of Stay".

There is not a single proof of this "Permission Of Stay", but a lot of proof that there is a visa in Thailand. And the most solid evidence comes from the Immigration Office. But for some strange reason, many people do not want to believe that.

The list is long when it comes to the requirement for a Non Immigrant Visa.
Proof of residence at the Immigration Office, Purchase of a car/motorcycle in your own name, Yellow Book, Pink ID card, Often for a  Thai bank account, Work permit and Resident Permit. But these are just some of the things you need a Non Immigrant Visa for.

Instead of sulking, you can prove me wrong if you can.

2 minutes ago, Norlund said:

So the same day I have a Non Immigrant Visa, but not the next? Do you understand that contradicts a "Permision To Stay" from the moment you leave the Immigration Office until 2400 the same day?

Any single visa is only good for one entry to the country and becomes invalid on the day you use it for entry the country. The allowed stay from it starts from moment the stamp is done in your passport. Same for the non-o visa issued at immigration is the same way and it states it is only valid for the day it issued.

• Thumbs Up 1

50 minutes ago, Norlund said:

There is not a single proof of this "Permission Of Stay", but a lot of proof that there is a visa in Thailand. And the most solid evidence comes from the Immigration Office. But for some strange reason, many people do not want to believe that.

A extension of your permit to stay done by a TM7 form.

image.png.4e7bfaba63a76e87673908ee33368a24.png

For a visa applied for at immigration it is called.

image.png.bdcacc19a8f3d903f8e10d63daeea724.png

A permit to say is what you get when entering the country with a visa or visa exempt. Same after applying for a visa at immigration.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Any single visa is only good for one entry to the country and becomes invalid on the day you use it for entry the country. The allowed stay from it starts from moment the stamp is done in your passport. Same for the non-o visa issued at immigration is the same way and it states it is only valid for the day it issued.

Wrong. With a single Entry Visa, a Tourist Visa, a Non Immigrant and a Resident Visa, you can leave Thailand and come back to Thailand before the visa expires iff you have a Re Entry Permit. And you can do so because you have a VISA and NOT a "Permission Of Stay". 

Edited by Norlund

Wrong. With a single Entry Visa, a Tourist Visa, a Non Immigrant and a Resident Visa, you can leave Thailand and come back to Thailand before the visa expires iff you have a Re Entry Permit. And you can do so because you have a VISA and NOT a "Permission Of Stay". 

Totally false - as most of your postings.  A re-entry permit only keeps the current permitted to stay alive.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

A extension of your permit to stay done by a TM7 form.

image.png.4e7bfaba63a76e87673908ee33368a24.png

For a visa applied for at immigration it is called.

image.png.bdcacc19a8f3d903f8e10d63daeea724.png

A permit to say is what you get when entering the country with a visa or visa exempt. Same after applying for a visa at immigration.

Form TM7 is used when applying for an extension of a Visa Exemption, Tourist Visa and a Non Immigrant Visa. EVERYONE gets the same stamp in their passport. The term "Extension Of Stay" is a common heading for all 3. And please note where it says "Kind of visa" on form TM7. It's where you fill in what kind of visa you wish to extend. Iff you have a Visa Exemption you fill in "Visa Exemption".

It is obvious that you have a visa based on the heading on TM86. 

4 minutes ago, Norlund said:

It's where you fill in what kind of visa you wish to extend. Iff you have a Visa Exemption you fill in "Visa Exemption".

That is only the type of visa you used when entering the country or changed to at immigration. For a visa exempt entry extension you could put none.

You cannot extend a visa.

• Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That is only the type of visa you used when entering the country or changed to at immigration. For a visa exempt entry extension you could put none.

You cannot extend a visa.

Do you honestly believe that what the Immigration Office says in this link is not true?

https://www.immigration.go.th/en/?p=14714

And what about the new service Immigration Office offers online Visa Extension? Something everyone is talking about. Is this also not true?

https://asq.in.th/thailand-e-extension-electronic-visa-extension

Edited by Norlund

26 minutes ago, Norlund said:

Form TM7 is used when applying for an extension of a Visa Exemption, Tourist Visa and a Non Immigrant Visa. EVERYONE gets the same stamp in their passport. The term "Extension Of Stay" is a common heading for all 3. And please note where it says "Kind of visa" on form TM7. It's where you fill in what kind of visa you wish to extend. Iff you have a Visa Exemption you fill in "Visa Exemption".

It is obvious that you have a visa based on the heading on TM86. 

I cannot recall a thread where someone has been incorrect is every single post. 

Clearly you are just being mischievous.

At the very least read posts from ubonjoe and try and understand them. 

As someone posted earlier the thread should be closed as you continue to post incorrect information. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Norlund said:

Do you honestly believe that what the Immigration Office writes in this link is not true?

And what about the new service Immigration Office offers online Visa Extension? Something everyone is talking about. Is this also not true?

https://asq.in.th/thailand-e-extension-electronic-visa-extension

Yes

They just say visa since they think people don't what a extension of stay is since many people call them a visa.

Title of a TM7 form.

image.png.669f0cf82737b52f0dd99a4f19e98c69.png

• Thumbs Up 1

This lawer from Integrety Legal in Bangkok has lived in Thailand for 30 years and has a Thai citizenship. In this video he explains what a Re Entry Permit Is and why you need one. 

How is it relevant to the post you quoted.

6 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I cannot recall a thread where someone has been incorrect is every single post. 

Clearly you are just being mischievous.

At the very least read posts from ubonjoe and try and understand them. 

As someone posted earlier the thread should be closed as you continue to post incorrect information. 

Could you please tell me what is not correct in this link from the Immigration Office.

13 minutes ago, Norlund said:

It proves that you have a visa. Please watch the video and you will understand. 

I don't a visa in my passport. I only have a reverence to the non-o visa I applied for many years ago at a consulate and the entry stamp for when I used it,

All my stamps are for extensions of stay or the the under consideration stamp for them,

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

I don't a visa in my passport. I only have a reverence to the non-o visa I applied for many years ago at a consulate and the entry stamp for when I used it,

All my stamps are for extensions of stay or the the under consideration stamp for them,

What does it takes to make you understand that what you have is a VISA? 

See what comes up when you search for "Extension Of Stay". Absolutely nothing except a visa to Thailand. And that tells you nothing?

Now there has been a Pandemic and there has been talk of foreigners who have been stranded in Thailand and visas have been extended. And recently the Immigration Office has introduced an online visa extension. Something that doesn't tell you anything either?

And what about all those sites, official and commercial, that confirms that it is a VISA. Still no reaction?

I honestly think that if the foreign minister of Thailand had "screamed" into your ears that it is a visa, I think you would still not have believed that it is a VISA.  

8 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

The problem you are having is that Thai officials and all immigration officials use Thai as the overruling authority. They use English as a convince for the vast majority of people who don’t read Thai. 

You are also giving a link to a Sukhumvit law firm that you claim to be a udon immigration site. The real Udon immigration site is at https://udonthani.immigration.go.th

So all your protestations of the terms are rubbish and your insistence on the meanings are totally baseless, Thais will use something that is similar to the concept but not exactly the same

As everyone is telling you a single entry visa is used and no longer valid as soon as you are granted permission to stay in Thailand. Visas in Thailand are never extended despite your instance.

A Thai visa allows you to present yourself to an immigration officer the IO will usually then mark the visa as used and give you permission to stay, again usually, based on the visa you have or don’t have.

In most cases this permission to stay can be extended, in some cases it will allow you to apply for a visa in Thailand, that the English translation says you must have a visa to apply makes no difference, you no longer have a valid visa as it is used or you never had one.

The visa you are granted in Thailand will be immediately marked as used and you will be given a permission to stay, so this visa will have a life of minutes before it is used.

It is the wording on the passport 

“EXTENSION OF STAY PERMITTED”

“APPLICATION OF STAY IS UNDER CONSIDERATION”

”TO KEEP YOUR STAY PERMIT,”

all of these are synonymous with “permission to stay

FE7092E5-5146-4A81-8939-365195D4F0F4.thumb.jpeg.19ec10a98f8bb8fbec093d1488d55929.jpeg

24C67A2B-F931-4BB8-8C9F-CEFA555726EF.thumb.jpeg.d568c1c5651bb39066441c3eba025b10.jpeg

5E60FD91-66FC-42AF-BD2C-492D25219299.jpeg.8bee98be0efc3176219b0b1b98146545.jpeg

there is nothing about a visa extension (because visas can never be extended). However much you may wriggle and insist that the English meaning is correct you are wrong. 

Nice work Champ ????

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Norlund said:

See what comes up when you search for "Extension Of Stay". Absolutely nothing except a visa to Thailand. And that tells you nothing?

My 30 second search tells me that you are either terribly incompetent in searching or are lying to try to prove your claims are valid

https://www.uscis.gov/visit-the-united-states/extend-your-stay

https://www.immd.gov.hk/eng/services/visas/extension_of_stay.html

https://www.pica.gov.jm/immigration/extension-of-stays

https://www.ica.gov.sg/enter-depart/extend_short_stay

these are on the first page of the search using the terms “Extension Of Stay” and only cover 4 governments, there are many more.

Edited by sometimewoodworker

22 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

The problem you are having is that Thai officials and all immigration officials use Thai as the overruling authority. They use English as a convince for the vast majority of people who don’t read Thai. 

You are also giving a link to a Sukhumvit law firm that you claim to be a udon immigration site. The real Udon immigration site is at https://udonthani.immigration.go.th

So all your protestations of the terms are rubbish and your insistence on the meanings are totally baseless, Thais will use something that is similar to the concept but not exactly the same

As everyone is telling you a single entry visa is used and no longer valid as soon as you are granted permission to stay in Thailand. Visas in Thailand are never extended despite your instance.

A Thai visa allows you to present yourself to an immigration officer the IO will usually then mark the visa as used and give you permission to stay, again usually, based on the visa you have or don’t have.

In most cases this permission to stay can be extended, in some cases it will allow you to apply for a visa in Thailand, that the English translation says you must have a visa to apply makes no difference, you no longer have a valid visa as it is used or you never had one.

The visa you are granted in Thailand will be immediately marked as used and you will be given a permission to stay, so this visa will have a life of minutes before it is used.

It is the wording on the passport 

“EXTENSION OF STAY PERMITTED”

“APPLICATION OF STAY IS UNDER CONSIDERATION”

”TO KEEP YOUR STAY PERMIT,”

all of these are synonymous with “permission to stay

FE7092E5-5146-4A81-8939-365195D4F0F4.thumb.jpeg.19ec10a98f8bb8fbec093d1488d55929.jpeg

24C67A2B-F931-4BB8-8C9F-CEFA555726EF.thumb.jpeg.d568c1c5651bb39066441c3eba025b10.jpeg

5E60FD91-66FC-42AF-BD2C-492D25219299.jpeg.8bee98be0efc3176219b0b1b98146545.jpeg

there is nothing about a visa extension (because visas can never be extended). However much you may wriggle and insist that the English meaning is correct you are wrong. 

If you can't answer this question please don't waste my time with rubbish like this.

Do you need a VISA when you apply for a work permit in Thailand? 

Edited by Norlund
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

My 30 second search tells me that you are either terribly incompetent in searching or are lying to try to prove your claims are valid

https://www.uscis.gov/visit-the-united-states/extend-your-stay

https://www.immd.gov.hk/eng/services/visas/extension_of_stay.html

https://www.pica.gov.jm/immigration/extension-of-stays

https://www.ica.gov.sg/enter-depart/extend_short_stay

these are on the first page of the search using the terms “Extension Of Stay” and only cover 4 governments, there are many more.

I don't know if I'm going to laugh or cry. What has that got to do with Thailand?

10 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

Nice work Champ ????

Thanks, but the arguments are facetious and so easy to debunk.

Do you need a VISA when you apply for a work permitt (however it is permit) in Thailand?

No you do not. 
If you are in Thailand you must have been given permission to stay” based on entering on a Non-B or a Non-O based on being married to a Thai national, there may be other visa entries that permit work but these are the 2 main ones

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Norlund said:

I don't know if I'm going to laugh or cry. What has that got to do with Thailand?

You should really read your own post. I responded to what you wrote, not what you imagined you wrote

2 hours ago, Norlund said:

See what comes up when you search for "Extension Of Stay". Absolutely nothing except a visa to Thailand.

however in respect of Thailand a 10 second search comes up with this titled “Extension of temporary stay under Section 15”

https://www.immigration.go.th/en/?page_id=2324

so are you trying to deliberately misrepresent the truth? Or are your searches incompetent?