Diesel price in Thailand to be pegged at current level for two more months

snoop1130

Thai-PBS-World-logo-2022-11-15T181746.354.png

The Thai cabinet has decided to subsidise the diesel price until January 20th, which means a loss of excise tax revenue for the state of another 20 billion baht.

After the cabinet meeting today (Tuesday), Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha told the media that the cabinet decided to maintain the diesel price by prolonging the 5-baht/litre excise tax cut on diesel.

He admitted that the continuation of subsidies on diesel fuel will mean more spending and a need to borrow more. He said that he understands this will place a greater burden on the next government adding, however, that the subsidies are necessary, as he assured that the government will try its best to manage its debt.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/diesel-price-in-thailand-to-be-pegged-at-current-level-for-two-more-months/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2022-11-15

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

• Haha 1

And an EV in this case will help of course, but not for deliveries to Shops (Makro / Big C etc etc), I have never seen a 30 Ton Truck that runs on Electricity.

Thus prices of goods will most certainly increase even more.

Edited by MJCM

2 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

I recently saw a LHR - BKK rtn flight on Thai advertised at £1350. Pre-COVID prices were £500-£700. And they're wondering why tourism to Thailand isn't recovering fast enough.

I suspect people are paying it.... plenty of arrivals now.

2 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I suspect people are paying it.... plenty of arrivals now.

Talking about energy prices in Thailand. Over here in the UK a few weeks ago, on the radio, there was a businessman talking about his business (including a pub), and energy bills. He's looking at his increasing from the current £16,000 pa to £45,000 pa. Mulling over whether or not to just close down his business!