90 day online reporting after returning from abroad on a re-entry permit

I have a non-o visa based on retirement. I returned from abroad on a re-entry permit last month.

I have received the reminder notification email from immigration to submit my 90 day report.  According to the immigration website, a 90 day report should be done, 'If a foreigner leaves the country and re-enters, the day count starts at 1 in every case.'

Do I continue the 90 day reporting online based on my Non-O visa and the notification?

or 

Do I start reporting 90 days after arriving last month on a re-entry permit? 

Thanks

Just did this online after flying back on 15 August. First two attempts using 15 August as the entry date were rejected, so tried my previous date (three years ago and the one on previous reports) - also rejected. Then remembered that we had arrived just before midnight on the 15th, so did a fourth report using 16 August as the entry date and this was accepted - even though my passport is stamped as the 15th. Not previously had any issue filing online since the new system was introduced. Therefore, if doing online, start early to give yourself time for a few attempts.

• Thanks 1

I realize that this is referring to the online 90-day reporting.

My issue is that I recently took a short trip out of the country (Oct. 1 -10) and, technically would not have to report until 90 days after re-entry.

However, I would prefer to use the report date on my 90-day receipt which is mid-December since I have that 90-day cycle programmed into my schedule of domestic travel (and memory).

Question: Is there any problem with reporting earlier than I technically have to but still in compliance with the latest 90-day receipt window?

28 minutes ago, TaoNow said:

Question: Is there any problem with reporting earlier than I technically have to but still in compliance with the latest 90-day receipt window?

The window you refer to is based on your entry date.

So you cannot report early based on your previous due date. 

Out of curiosity why the need to report early.

You do realize you can do it via mail or online. 

Yes, I realize I can report online or by mail, but I prefer going to Immo in order to have the 90-day receipt in-hand, just for security and to see if there are any changes at Immo/CW.

Also, I don't think they will overrule my current 90-receipt date with the re-entry date in my passport.

We'll see, and I'll report my experience.

Thanks for responding, Dr. Jack.

2 minutes ago, TaoNow said:

Yes, I realize I can report online or by mail, but I prefer going to Immo in order to have the 90-day receipt in-hand, just for security and to see if there are any changes at Immo/CW.

When you do a report online they send you a PDF file with for your receipt that you can print out and put in your passport.

1 hour ago, TaoNow said:

We'll see, and I'll report my experience.

Good. 

First hand reports are always the best. 

I will be surprised if immigration allow report earlier than "the window" 

Think your window opens Dec 24 based on your reentry date. 

43 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Good. 

My Agents have reported early for me twice... Once when getting a re-entry permit & once when doing my extension, on both occasions I was approx. 1/2 way through the 90 days from my previous report. 

Agree that you will most certainly have a problem doing it online from a previous report online & will probably have a problem doing it in person if you're showing the IO your previous 90 day report but if you really wanted to do it then an agent charges a few hundred thb to do it for you (200b in Pattaya & 375b in Bangkok though both of the above mentioned reports were done for no extra cost over the cost of the re-entry permit/extension). 

Edit: Sorry I exaggerated on the last report, my previous report was due on 13th September... 

image.jpeg.d376dc553f3ae2f2acd1a4a56022a802.jpeg

But my Agent had no problems doing me a new report when they did my extension on the 25th August (19 days before it was due)... 

image.png.765d758a9bf0cb9b01aeafd0dfce9ba3.png

Edited by Mike Teavee

Exactly regarding agents. 

They can assist with early extensions etc.

I can understand that especially with a trip upcoming outside of Thailand and need to obtain early extension. 

The pst I replied to is far more simple situation. 

He wants to submit 90 day report early and ignore the reentry date. 

I'm still not sure why. 

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Exactly regarding agents. 

They can assist with early extensions etc.

I can understand that especially with a trip upcoming outside of Thailand and need to obtain early extension. 

The pst I replied to is far more simple situation. 

He wants to submit 90 day report early and ignore the reentry date. 

I'm still not sure why. 

As I understood it he has a schedule that he's used for a long time so after a trip out of the country wants to get back to that. 

As I said, if it's important (maybe it fits in with annual plans for trips elsewhere in Thailand) then a few hundred thb with an agent will get you back on your schedule. 

7 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

As I understood it he has a schedule that he's used for a long time so after a trip out of the country wants to get back to that. 

As I said, if it's important (maybe it fits in with annual plans for trips elsewhere in Thailand) then a few hundred thb with an agent will get you back on your schedule. 

Again, I understand that for annual extensions.

This could arise with for example off shore workers etc.

For 90 day reports it makes no sense. 

They are not related to annual extensions.

In any event bit off topic from the OP. 

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Good. 

There is little rhyme or reason to the dates an immigration officer will allow.

Case in point a previous report by date 14 June. I reentered on 11th June, the IO in Udon did a 90 day report 86 days early at the same time my extension was stamped in my passport.

The online system is more rigid, the IOs not so much.

Edited by sometimewoodworker

16 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

. I reentered on 11th June, the IO in Udon did a 90 day report 86 days early at the same time my extension was stamped in my passport.

Some immigration offices do a 90 report when you apply for an extension regardless of when it's due.

That is ridiculous.

90 day reports have nothing to do with annual extensions.

They might think they are helping.

Far from it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Some immigration offices do a 90 report when you apply for an extension regardless of when it's due.

That is ridiculous.

90 day reports have nothing to do with annual extensions.

They might think they are helping.

Far from it. 

Just had a similar experience. did 90 report on line. and it was rounded down to my next 12 months extension renewal date. 43 days later.

It's not a problem, just unexpected. as this was not the case last year.

Guess I will find out in a few weeks time.

As always, things are subject to how the individual regional offices want to operate.

Edited by Orinoco