Gecko Repelant

I am just checking Lazada for Gecko Repelant and I got 5972 products displayed. Of course all are in Thai language, no English. I am looking for a product that is cheap, effective, durable, smell good and will not harm the enviroment. We have a lot of fish ponds and everything that you spray around my house will eventually end up in the pond. Can anyone recomend one of these 5972 products that will do the job? I have read about some that are very effective like Chaindrite but this chemical is deadly to our fish in the ponds. Is there anything else out there that we can use to fight the invasion of the Geckos?

So if you get rid of them, will you be back posting in a month, with a cockroach, mosquito, ant problem ?

Mothballs, garlic and coffee grounds, pepper are all supposed to keep them at bay, doesn't kill them, but they go elsewhere.

Mickeymaus didn't say... You copied too much ????

In respect of Lazada and Thai. It is a problem especially if you want to read the reviews. I always use then the Chrome browser and start Lazada in Thai - not English. Then I switch in the browser to translate to English or whatever language you want and now you see everything in your language (as long as it is not text in a picture). 

14 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

So if you get rid of them, will you be back posting in a month, with a cockroach, mosquito, ant problem ?

Mothballs, garlic and coffee grounds, pepper are all supposed to keep them at bay, doesn't kill them, but they go elsewhere.

Do you mix those four ingredients? I need to keep the geckos out of the machinery. I have one water pump that is nearly destroyed by the geckos and one inverter air con PCB shorted out at a repair cost of 2500 baht! I just don't want to kill the fish in my pond with termite chemicals which seems to be what is recommended. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mickeymaus said:

In respect of Lazada and Thai. It is a problem especially if you want to read the reviews. I always use then the Chrome browser and start Lazada in Thai - not English. Then I switch in the browser to translate to English or whatever language you want and now you see everything in your language (as long as it is not text in a picture). 

Thanks for that idea, I'll give it a try!

33 minutes ago, Mickeymaus said:

I just tried your idea and switched to Thai language on Lazada and it worked! I now get a far better translation into English. My Thai wife will thank you for giving her a vacation from translating everything on Lazada!

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, thaisail said:

I have one water pump that is nearly destroyed by the geckos and one inverter air con PCB shorted out at a repair cost of 2500 baht!

I had the same they shorted out the Board on aircon compressor. Estimate is around the 5k Mark but fortunately it's covered under Warranty. They will come tmrw to install after almost a week without aircon ????

54 minutes ago, thaisail said:

Do you mix those four ingredients? I need to keep the geckos out of the machinery. I have one water pump that is nearly destroyed by the geckos and one inverter air con PCB shorted out at a repair cost of 2500 baht! I just don't want to kill the fish in my pond with termite chemicals which seems to be what is recommended. 

No, individually. 

If you do a google search there are all sorts of home remedies.

https://www.wikihow.com/Get-Rid-of-Common-House-Geckos

Edited by Peterw42