AIS mobile sim internet is so bad

parafareno

24 minutes ago, Mickeymaus said:

Please send me a screenshot of the "stats for nerds" that you can switch on at YouTube. 

For the better understanding. If a video has a max resolution of 8K this does not mean that you get this resolution. So I want to know the resolution that you really get. 

I don't see the stats for nerds anywhere. I'm using my mobile - maybe it's not available. The highest res available is 1440p. At that res, it's great quality. Good enough for me, at least.

Just now, bradiston said:

I don't see the stats for nerds anywhere. I'm using my mobile - maybe it's not available. The highest res available is 1440p. At that res, it's great quality. Good enough for me, at least.

Just now, bradiston said:

I just was surprised by your statement that you can watch videos in 8K. You don't even get 4K. YouTube will adjust the resolution automatically BUT you might be able to set it at least to 4K - 2160p. This is 4K. Try this and let me know the result. But I can imagine it already ????

I did very many tests in this thread

If you click at the YouTube app at the settings you will find the stats for nerds. It will tell you what is exactly going on. 

16701575590140.jpg

20 minutes ago, Mickeymaus said:

I just was surprised by your statement that you can watch videos in 8K. You don't even get 4K. YouTube will adjust the resolution automatically BUT you might be able to set it at least to 4K - 2160p. This is 4K. Try this and let me know the result. But I can imagine it already ????

I did very many tests in this thread

If you click at the YouTube app at the settings you will find the stats for nerds. It will tell you what is exactly going on. 

16701575590140.jpg

There's no stats for nerds on the menu. It ends with "Watch in VR". I wasn't actually claiming to watch the video in 8k, just that I could watch it in an acceptable res of 1440p over a purported 15Mbps link. I don't use YouTube for watching movies or anything requiring fantastically high resolution. So I don't require huge amounts of bandwidth either. To me, my set up is an entirely satisfactory, economical solution, but of course, wouldn't suit everyone. Apologies for the confusion.

Edited by bradiston
  • Love It 1

4 hours ago, parafareno said:

i visited my site with ais unlimited sim and it had an error...i had to call my host to unblock the freaking ip adress so I could access the site....

<deleted> do they block these ips from thailand?

The government blocks certain sites. You will be forced to use a VPN then ????

4 hours ago, parafareno said:

i visited my site with ais unlimited sim and it had an error...i had to call my host to unblock the freaking ip adress so I could access the site....

<deleted> do they block these ips from thailand?

You're not really providing much to go on. Your site? You mean a website? It had an error? What error? You mean your host blocked your site? The one that was hosting your website? Or your ISP?

21 hours ago, Mickeymaus said:

I had AIS 30 Mbps and DTAC 30 Mbps unlimited. AIS had higher upload and higher peak speeds. But when it came to 4K YouTube videos DTAC was the clear winner at least here at my location in Central Pattaya. The performance of DTAC did not have this high peaks that AIS showed. But it had a much better sustained bit rate.

Youtube has caching servers in Thailand that's why you have high speeds. I'm talking about connecting directly to Europe, not to local Thai servers.

19 hours ago, bradiston said:

Forget AIS. It's the other ISP you should contact. It's their servers causing the problems. IMHO.

Are you kidding? The backbone ISP will not even read emails from a random Joe.

5 minutes ago, fdsa said:

Youtube has caching servers in Thailand that's why you have high speeds. I'm talking about connecting directly to Europe, not to local Thai servers.

Are you kidding? The backbone ISP will not even read emails from a random Joe.

So if you emailed [email protected], you think it would just get binned? It's their servers which are the obvious culprits. Nobody else is going to fix it for you.

https://he.net/contacts.html

What you thought you was getting is a QoS (Quality of Service), unfortunately unless you get a line lease you wont get near the rate they provide. You have to keep in mind what sites you are getting the low bit rate on. Every server will be loaded differently which will affect the rate you get. Your connection is not just you but other subscribers as well. The maximum quoted would be if only you was connected which is never going to happen.