Overstaying German couple arrested in Pattaya who resisted arrest are charged in stealing vehicle in Phuket and taking it to Malaysia

webfact

image.jpeg

By Goongnang Suksawat

Wichit – A German couple previously charged for resisting arrest in a dramatic incident in Pattaya were charged for illegally stealing and selling a rental car which was found in Malaysia.

The Wichit Police told the Phuket Express that on November 2nd, 2022 Ms. Petcharat Mankong, 22, who is the owner of the stolen car, filed an updated report to police about the vehicle after learning that the suspects involved were recently arrested in Pattaya for overstay.

Since February 5th, Mrs. Julia Poppelbaum, 34, German national, rented Petcharat’s SUV for a month for 32,000 baht. She paid a deposit of 14,000 baht before getting the car keys. She was expected to pay the remaining 18,000 baht later and then return the vehicle.

On February 12th Ms. Petcharat received a phone call from the office of the Narcotics Control Board that her car (officers checked license plates to find the real owner) passed through a drug checkpoint in Malaysia. 

Full story: https://thephuketexpress.com/2022/11/17/update-overstaying-german-couple-arrested-in-pattaya-who-resisted-arrest-are-charged-in-stealing-vehicle-in-phuket-and-taking-it-to-malaysia/

The-Phuket-Express-Logo-Small-300x121.png
-- © Copyright The Phuket Express 2022-11-18

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stargeezr said:

I am just glad I am not in the shoes of those 2 Germans. Hope they are enjoying some jail time, and

get to pay for their crimes before leaving Thailand.

I agree completely, all farang criminals, if germans, if english. if americans, if australians, whatever, they have to pay for their crimes in Thailand!

10 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Normally its 15,000 to 20,000 baht per month for car. These crooks arent too smart. Agree to 32,000 then steal it.

Germans should learn from Thais how to bargain.

They would also accept 100000THB, ´cause they never want to pay it...

44 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

Where's the Video (Sorry I couldn't see one in the link in the OP)

You can't see it because it's not there! You have to refer to DanaDeLuxe's post and then Google.

I'm pretty sure that this is the YouTube channel they were referring to ...

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCOpGOKYXoEFU47XwDzpjOXQ

Check out the long podcast "This World is Not Real". I dunno, maybe the guy's onto something ????

Edited by Lemsta69
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Sparktrader said:

Normally its 15,000 to 20,000 baht per month for car. These crooks arent too smart. Agree to 32,000 then steal it.

Germans should learn from Thais how to bargain.

The price of 32,000 is correct for a full size SUV. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Naamblar2014 said:

Law enforcement is indeed a joke.  I just went to police station to report my car stolen.  In my name,  purchased before marriage,  but police came to the conclusion that wife sold car and under Thai law I cannot have her arrested.  So I asked if I burn down the house then I cannot be arrested because husband wife right.

Get a lawyer, that might work. Dont expect the poice jump into a marital dispute like that. But even if you get a lawyer it will be hard and costly. 

3 hours ago, DanaDeLuxe said:

This is not just meth causing him to freak out. They both are completely gone crazy for years. 

The names are connected to a ytube channel 'Creator Monkeys TV' where they published videos on Transhumanism and the matrix and reptiloids threatening mankind. Weird <deleted> in German and bad English. 

There is one video (living abroad in Thailand') where they try to get back stuff from a car mechanic and to get out 'their car', a Porsche. 

Drugged out small time crooks. 

I don't know if it still exists but some years ago a German citizen who commits a crime abroad and is charged for it in that country will face the same charges in a German court of law once they return home.