Overstaying German couple arrested in Pattaya who resisted arrest are charged in stealing vehicle in Phuket and taking it to Malaysia

webfact

2 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

I don't know if it still exists but some years ago a German citizen who commits a crime abroad and is charged for it in that country will face the same charges in a German court of law once they return home.

Still the same...

1 hour ago, BerndN said:

As I can see, you are a senior-member. But that doesn´t mean, that you are able to understand, what I mean...

Thank you for your interest. 

I am merely pointing out that 'farang' only means a white foreigner, it does not refer to foreigners in general, although some folks think it does?

Your Welcome!

2 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

Tell that to the Germans... Was in a bar on Naklua Soi 18 & a German guy comes over, says hello, asks where I'm from & when I say UK, he says "Ahh, you hate me because of the War"

I'm 56 f.f.s, my father was 1 & mum -4 when the war ended!

Anyway, it's good to see it's not us Brits in the news for once ???? 

What's to hate ?

They lost..

• Thumbs Up 1

44 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

No thats overpriced. You can hire for 1000 to 1200 baht per day. Monthly is much less.

Okay since you also know all about Line and progressive lenses I guess you know this as well. ????

• Thumbs Up 1

Typical Pattaya Quality Tourists. Nothing really special. Perhaps the immigration should search more for people that are overstaying. Such people have one thing in common. They don't care much about laws. Not all are criminals. Some may already be dead. Maybe even killed.

• Thumbs Up 1

27 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Maybe learn something about Thailand

You love to google when you are so off base its hard to believe. That couple did not care about the price as they were going to steal it. So they chose a vendor that would be easy. You know you dont have to reply to every topic. I notice that is your MO. 

35 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Right so cars are related to glasses 555

For glasses and Line you had no idea what you were talking about yet you felt compelled to post. With LIne even though proven wrong you simply continued to put up a stink. That is what is relevant between rental SUV's progressive glasses and LIne. ????

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Naamblar2014 said:

Law enforcement is indeed a joke.  I just went to police station to report my car stolen.  In my name,  purchased before marriage,  but police came to the conclusion that wife sold car and under Thai law I cannot have her arrested.  So I asked if I burn down the house then I cannot be arrested because husband wife right.

"So I asked if I burn down the house then I cannot be arrested because husband wife right".

Wrong.  There's a difference between the illegal act of arson and her legally selling the car.

17 minutes ago, marin said:

You love to google when you are so off base its hard to believe. That couple did not care about the price as they were going to steal it. So they chose a vendor that would be easy. You know you dont have to reply to every topic. I notice that is your MO. 

For glasses and Line you had no idea what you were talking about yet you felt compelled to post. With LIne even though proven wrong you simply continued to put up a stink. That is what is relevant between rental SUV's progressive glasses and LIne. ????

Flawed logic. If you are expert on everything let me know. My line doesnt work on 2 devices btw. I expect due to higher security settings.

I hired a car for 900 baht a day not long ago. Easy to get cheaper for a month. Easy to bargain these things.

32,000 per month is not normal price. Thats a rip off.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

At least the know how to play football.

I did say to him that I would rather talk about football,,, 1966 was a great year for English Football & the year of my birth so technically (at about 4 months old) I've seen England lift the World cup ????

• Thumbs Up 1

IMO The gang of two weren’t concerned with the 32,000 they’re were going to use the vehicle for a pick up… and their plan got foiled.. they’ll be shown the exit after a couple things are sorted out .. free

room and board 

2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"So I asked if I burn down the house then I cannot be arrested because husband wife right".

Wrong.  There's a difference between the illegal act of arson and her legally selling the car.

How is it legal to sell property in another person's name without their consent?

• Thumbs Up 2

9 hours ago, VinnieK said:

Wow..

Law enforcement is a joke 

How can you cross into Malaysia with a vehicle that isn't yours?

Did it have the 'sticker' that Romanizes the Thai number plate?

You need to be the owner to do that and it has to be done at the Dept of Transport 

Good luck trying to do it on a rental.

Also..how come the Malaysians didn't stop -or even arrest- them?

All foreign cars are stopped a few kms into Malaysia and given a bit of a check.

..but wait....they snuck  back into Thailand again, unmolested, made it to Pattaya and decided to overstay....???????? 

Meth is a hell of a drug.

I use friends car to cross the borders between Brunei and kuala Laura or Miri in west Malaysia. Just need to enter car information and driver online

Simple. Malaysian also look at the online registration of the vehicle. 

In the old days you need only an authorisation letter from the car owner.

• Thumbs Up 1