Thai PM pledges “heart-to-heart” cooperation with the US

webfact

APEC is an economic cooperation alliance, not security one. 
Except security/terrorism, the rest of those mentioned topics are secondary importance to both countries. 
Economic, diplomatic, military cooperation are priorities for each. With on ongoing war and armaments production spanning those priorities. 
The others might be just window dressing for both parties. I don't think much of thai drugs end up in the USA.
prayuth was clearly trying to get closer to Xi, so his heart opening to the USA might be just on trivial matters. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Gknrd said:

How about starting with the US citizens just proving they have 65K income instead of having to put it in the bank! 

Thailand is loosing out on billions of baby boomer dollars because of this ridiculous mess.

I don't think they should be making special rules based on Nationality!

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I don't think they should be making special rules based on Nationality!

What are you talking about, this is a set up scam against western expats plain and simple. Luckily most western expats aren't stupid enough to give in to this scam.

Edited by Gknrd

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha has told US Vice President Kamala Harris of Thailand’s readiness to promote and enhance “heart-to-heart” cooperation with the United State, based on two centuries of the bilateral relationship.

What can you invest in our country?

2 hours ago, Gknrd said:

What are you talking about, this is a set up scam against western expats plain and simple. Luckily most western expats aren't stupid enough to give in to this scam.

You should read what you post.... I grasp the topic is about USA, but you want Thailand to make USA specific requirements.... ?

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

You should read what you post.... I grasp the topic is about USA, but you want Thailand to make USA specific requirements.... ?

No, you should know what you are talking about before you post.  If the Europe nations and others can just have a statement to show they make the 65000 baht / month then we should all be able to. But, the Thai government only wants 800,000 in the bank or proof os bringing in 65000 baht. month for westerners.  

Why?  

I suggest now that if that is the case ALL expats have to deposit 800K in the bank or show 65000 / month.

If they want to discriminate it is there country, but it is discrimination at government level.

27 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

You do not know what you are talking about.......it was the decision of the UK, USA and Australian Embassies to stop issuing income verification letters...(It was formerly a Stat Dec for Ozzies, for USA guys an affidavit). Source.  Thailand did not impose this selectively. 

You are in error.

What does that matter, income verification does not have to come from the USA embassy or any embassy for that matter.  It is done all over the world.  It's a scam plain and simple. 

That is why I said you do not know what you are talking about plain and simple. 

Again I think if Thailand is going to discriminate against western expats then the European expats and all others should have to go threw the same procedure.

And if Thailand does not want the expat dollar then they have succeeded ...

Edited by Gknrd
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Gknrd said:

Again I think if Thailand is going to discriminate against western expats then the European expats and all others should have to go threw the same procedure.

Examples of this discrimination? By the way, surely European Expats are also Western?

The proof of income, by showing money coming into a Thai bank account (65,000/mo), was an accommodation by Thai immigration for those Expats on Retirement Extensions whose embassies refused to issue income verification. Why should the other countries have their requirements changed ,because of the actions of other countries authorities? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Examples of this discrimination? By the way, surely European Expats are also Western?

The proof of income, by showing money coming into a Thai bank account (65,000/mo), was an accommodation by Thai immigration for those Expats on Retirement Extensions whose embassies refused to issue income verification. Why should the other countries have their requirements changed ,because of the actions of other countries authorities? 

They should have to have the same rules as all expats. It is an easy process to verify income.  If Thailand wants to discriminate then don't cry when us western expats bypass Thailand.  

11 hours ago, webfact said:

“heart-to-heart” cooperation with the United State,(s)

Possibly now American investment in the completion of the High Speed Train between Vientiane and Bangkok ditching the Chinese "belt & road" project with its land grabs????

Edited by Burma Bill
additional information
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Gknrd said:

They should have to have the same rules as all expats. It is an easy process to verify income.  If Thailand wants to discriminate then don't cry when us western expats bypass Thailand.  

They do have the same rules.... 

The Embassy has to issue a verification of income (actually pension) letter, or have 800k in the bank, or show 65,000 baht into a Thai Bank each month for a retirement extension! Many years ago, one simply could show evidence of income..... from whatever source it came, then a later requirement of the Embassy verifying this income came in. A subsequent request by immigration that Embassies really verify this income, not simply do stat decs or affidavit (which do not verify anything) subsequently caused  few Embassies (UK, USA, Oz and Denmark) to balk, and stop their verification letter service.

Personally I think they should make everyone have the 800,000 baht in the bank... but it would be bad situation to preclude people living on pensions without savings. 

Edited by jacko45k

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

They do have the same rules.... 

The Embassy has to issue a verification of income (actually pension) letter, or have 800k in the bank, or show 65,000 baht into a Thai Bank each month for a retirement extension! Many years ago, one simply could show evidence of income..... from whatever source it came, then a later requirement of the Embassy verifying this income came in. A subsequent request by immigration that Embassies really verify this income, not simply do stat decs or affidavit (which do not verify anything) subsequently caused  few Embassies (UK, USA, Oz and Denmark) to balk, and stop their verification letter service.

Personally I think they should make everyone have the 800,000 baht in the bank... but it would be bad situation to preclude people living on pensions without savings. 

Thanks you just proved my point...   "but it would be bad situation to preclude people living on pensions without savings"

So Thailand just changes the rules for the western countries and kicks out the pensioners with out savings.. 

Thanks for the clarification.  I will post this on the expat threads.