Russian tourists pack charter flights to Pattaya and Phuket

webfact

On 11/22/2022 at 6:53 AM, jacko45k said:

The impact was felt by anyone trying to get baht buses between Pattaya and Jomtien. So much for the sanctions that were going to bring Russia to it's knees and isolate them.....

True but if they book everything it means less room for Bangkokians who have taken over every public holiday. Whilst I've no issue with any of them personally, the traffic is horrendous. Bottom line is, Pattaya isn't set up logistically to deal with crowds. Every major road is being dug up and deserted.

Give me a chain of full buses over 1000s of additional cars double-parking wherever they see fit.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, lujanit said:

This has got to be the most stupidest post in the history of TV.     I hope it gets tagged as such.  Fair to Ukraine too?  How?  Then again you are a Thai. 

He is a Brit, i believe. Naturalized Thai.

But 100% Russian apologist.

On 11/22/2022 at 7:05 AM, bamnutsak said:

Most of these charters operate 1X weekly. And they (Pegas/Ikar, Azur) have smaller aircraft.

Aeroflot has 3X/4X weekly flights SVO-HKT/BKK. They operate B777, for which they have limited access to parts and service.

Planes are packed, in one direction at least.

It would be interesting to know how many are flying back over a longer period. 

On 11/22/2022 at 6:53 AM, jacko45k said:

The impact was felt by anyone trying to get baht buses between Pattaya and Jomtien. So much for the sanctions that were going to bring Russia to it's knees and isolate them.....

I think the sanctions are having an effect over time but they won't work on their own.