Thai Consulates In The Uk

There is an awful lot written here about the friendliness and helpfulness of Hull consulate.

There are also consulates in Cardiff, Birmingham, Liverpool and Glasgow which may be more convenient for many - some, like me when I first came to Thailand, may not know of their existence.

Perhaps people who have used these other consulates in, say, the past 12 months could relate their experience. Particularly if they have requested O visas for pupose of exploring the possibility of retirement or visit friends or family.

The consensus seems to be avoid London Embassy if you have a choice, unless you want an O-A visa. Are they being more generous?

I go to Birmingham every year for my multi non imm O visa. they're always helpful and I've never had any problems. I go back again next month and return to Thailand at the end of August so I'll post if there's any change.

I go to Birmingham every year for my multi non imm O visa. they're always helpful and I've never had any problems.

Are you maried to a Thai? If not, what criteria do you use to secure your Non Imm O?

I live in Thailand with my Thai gf. I'm over 50 and get a 'medical pension' from my employer. As a condition of the pension I have to go back to the UK every year for a medical and so far it's been more convenient to get a new visa whilst I'm in the UK (instead of a retirement extention in Thailand). On the visa application I just put intending to retire in Thailand. I had explained my situation to the guy at the consulate and it was him who suggested I do it this way. It gives us the freedom to holiday outside Thailand without having to go to Thai immigration for permission to re enter as I would have to on a retirement extension and when nessasary I just do 90 day visa runs when I'm here. If they make it more difficult to keep getting new non imm O visa's I'll have to go down the retirement route.