Solar LED Street lamp

pe747

We have many of these all around our garden / access road etc and they have them in all kinds of Wattage. They easily last for 12 hours at a time. (EDIT: They come on when it gets dark automatically and will turn off when it gets light)

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/jd-solar-lights-jd-8200-200w-286-smd-3-jd-solar-cell-i672100485-s1306122352.html

Edited by MJCM
  • Thanks 2

We have several of these, sadly the original Lazada item is no longer available but there are a number of similar items.

The plus for us is that they come apart easily to replace the batteries, although they're still going strong on the original packs after 2 years.

8b0e38f3cdad52c1b1fcfd2762aa32e8.jpg

• Like 1

^ we have 2 of those as well, but they were ….. expensive, but they still are going strong 2 years plus, while the other ones are also oke, but they are impossible to repair, replacing is the only option when they fail

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MJCM said:

^ we have 2 of those as well, but they were ….. expensive, but they still are going strong 2 years plus, while the other ones are also oke, but they are impossible to repair, replacing is the only option when they fail

Yeah, ours were just over a grand a pop in 2020.

Ours are the "150W" version (actually about 15W of LEDs), good illumination for the driveway mounted on our electricity poles.

Thank you guys for your answer.

I was searching Lazada for this and there are thousands of them. So I tried to read the 1 an 2 stars ratings to avoid the rubbish, but it is an endless task. That's why I asked in this forum????

7 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Ours are the "150W" version (actually about 15W of LEDs), good illumination for the driveway mounted on our electricity poles.

So that means the wattage they give correspond to around a thenth of a regular bulb?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, pe747 said:

I was searching Lazada for this and there are thousands of them. So I tried to read the 1 an 2 stars ratings to avoid the rubbish, but it is an endless task. That's why I asked in this forum????

The ones I linked to (and other wattages from the same company) have served us very well. We have many of them (10+ with more to come) (all around the garden) and we only had to replace 1 or 2 over time. But YMMV ???? 

They are even used indoors at the BIL house ????

Edited by MJCM

22 minutes ago, pe747 said:

So that means the wattage they give correspond to around a thenth of a regular bulb?

Yeah, the wattage seems to be "incandescent equivalent", 150W of LED is lighthouse bright.

• Thumbs Up 1

27 minutes ago, pe747 said:

Ours came from this seller https://www.lazada.co.th/shop/coden who doesn't appear to sell rubbish.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/23/2022 at 7:47 PM, Crossy said:

We have several of these, sadly the original Lazada item is no longer available but there are a number of similar items.

The plus for us is that they come apart easily to replace the batteries, although they're still going strong on the original packs after 2 years.

8b0e38f3cdad52c1b1fcfd2762aa32e8.jpg

Look at the far right picture . Pair of stainless band clamps anchoring. If the concrete pole has any taper, that should work if the manufacturer gives it as an option for attaching.

Then a Square U bolt bracket and flat plate with a bulge for tensioning should work.  Otherwise, the square reinforced concrete poles i have seen around the world had sleeves where through bolts were required. 

here is an example- note the angles of the clamps

old-concrete-electric-pole-transmission-