Food Delivery Apps Policies (vs. Realities) on Delivering Directly to Condos, etc.

Jingthing

9 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I don’t expect it.

I prefer it and ask for it.

It's not about making me feel top dog.

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

No hidden meanings 

I simply would rather not have to schlep the food if at all possible. 

Sure.

But, sometimes, The Iceman Cometh Not to your floor.

Maybe we need to adjust to this new world, after the pandemic.

The changes wrought by the pandemic of 1918 were also similarly gut wrenching.

Years ago, over 40 years ago, I could make a call to the local shop and some guy would arrive in minutes to change a lightbulb, not in Thailand, but in Taiwan.

Such a thing is impossible, these days.

I expect there will be many changes following the end of this pandemic that we never would have imagined three years ago.

image.jpeg.a13992a20bcf4a33370f47d484d64573.jpeg

image.png.e61787da67017f8bdc4260e10ab1bb45.png

Still, hopefully, we can just make do with less, as Buckminster Fuller suggested years ago.

Thankfully, we no longer need to worry about Tuberculin Tested milk, at least in Philly.

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Hyperbole.

Food delivery people are not everybody.

They provide a useful service for residents.

They wear uniforms. 

They are masked when required. 

I'm so happy my condo isn't controlled by people with a pole up their ass.

Yes, delivery people DO wear uniforms.

And, no, the following is NOT hyperbole:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Hyperbole.

Food delivery people are not everybody.

They provide a useful service for residents.

They wear uniforms. 

They are masked when required. 

I'm so happy my condo isn't controlled by people with a pole up their ass.

Mean someone who want break into a room can't wear a grab uniform?

Everybody can wear a uniform!

P.S. And i am happy that at the condo where I life they check! 

Edited by HampiK

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

This topic is not for people who live in buildings where it is not allowed.

The topic is about asking drivers to deliver to doors in condos where it is allowed.

I'm fine with that.

From this point of view.. you have to understand, that going up an elevator take a lot of extra time which I guess they not become paid. Of course if you pay extra tip than it's another story...

About you not become a respond, this mostly I from people who are annoyed from your question and not even interested in answering it (mostly mean no, I won't do it!)

As you wrote yourself... some do it other wont do it.. time is money.

8 minutes ago, HampiK said:

Mean someone who want break into a room can't wear a grab uniform?

Everybody can wear a uniform!

P.S. And i am happy that at the condo where I life they check! 

There is no security problem with allowing this. They stop at the guard desk first. There are cameras. Stop imagining a problem that doesn’t exist.

Also this topic is not for you.

It is if no relevance at all if you live in a building that doesn't allow direct delivery.

Edited by Jingthing

3 minutes ago, HampiK said:

I'm fine with that.

From this point of view.. you have to understand, that going up an elevator take a lot of extra time which I guess they not become paid. Of course if you pay extra tip than it's another story...

About you not become a respond, this mostly I from people who are annoyed from your question and not even interested in answering it (mostly mean no, I won't do it!)

As you wrote yourself... some do it other wont do it.. time is money.

I have stated multiple times that delivery to the door should be considered extra work and well deserving of a tip.

While no need to tip American style here I do look poorly on not tipping at all for to the door service in a condo.

I find most  of the drivers to be very sympathetic with only occasional A holes.

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I have stated multiple times that delivery to the door should be considered extra work and well deserving of a tip.

While no need to tip American style here I do look poorly on not tipping at all for to the door service in a condo.

I find most  of the drivers to be very sympathetic with only occasional A holes.

But when you look at the system for example from grab... the delivery person can't know in advance if you really give a tip or not. And I "guess" that they often have a comment you become a tip for extra... but then at the end they will receive no tip at all.
There are many "kee niaws" around

7 minutes ago, HampiK said:

But when you look at the system for example from grab... the delivery person can't know in advance if you really give a tip or not. And I "guess" that they often have a comment you become a tip for extra... but then at the end they will receive no tip at all.
There are many "kee niaws" around

I'm pretty sure most don't tip at all especially Thais.

I'm not.aware.of a comment system that drivers share to rate customers but in any case that's their business. 

Yes some drivers say no.

That's OK.

But really most say yes which is of no relevance if your building doesn't allow it.

I estimate about 85 percent say yes.

Which means if your building allows it and you want it by all means make the request even if against the policy of the delivery company. No need to respect that.

Edited by Jingthing

Would never even consider a condo which allowed delivery drivers from foodpanda to literally go inside the condo and deliver to the door.... In our condo they leave in the designated space in the lobby, and presumably the drivers phone when they arrive, or you can see on the app.

One of my bug bears is able bodied owners who ask reception to then take it up to their doors because they are simply to lazy to do so. Elderly, pregnant, those looking after kids, yes i understand... but someone being purely to idle.... makes me angry... go and get it yourself you lazy <deleted>.

• Haha 1

Until recently I lived in a condo, and never used food delivery, for all the reasons mentioned, drivers couldn't deliver to rooms, no keycard etc (and I wouldn't want them to able to) it meant putting on shirt shoes, find keys, lift to foyer, walk to the front gate to meet the driver etc. It wasn't much more effort to then hop on the bike and get it myself.

I recently moved to a house where its delivery to front door, we now get delivery 2-3 times a week.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smutcakes said:

Would never even consider a condo which allowed delivery drivers from foodpanda to literally go inside the condo and deliver to the door.... In our condo they leave in the designated space in the lobby, and presumably the drivers phone when they arrive, or you can see on the app.

One of my bug bears is able bodied owners who ask reception to then take it up to their doors because they are simply to lazy to do so. Elderly, pregnant, those looking after kids, yes i understand... but someone being purely to idle.... makes me angry... go and get it yourself you lazy <deleted>.

Sounds like your hostility over something that is literally none of your business.is eating you up inside. Bless your heart!

1 hour ago, Peterw42 said:

Until recently I lived in a condo, and never used food delivery, for all the reasons mentioned, drivers couldn't deliver to rooms, no keycard etc (and I wouldn't want them to able to) it meant putting on shirt shoes, find keys, lift to foyer, walk to the front gate to meet the driver etc. It wasn't much more effort to then hop on the bike and get it myself.

I recently moved to a house where its delivery to front door, we now get delivery 2-3 times a week.

2 to 3 a week? I'm easily at triple that. As I don't run any vehicle access to new foods at far away or inaccessible places is the best part. I'm not thrilled with many of my nearby places.

Like I recently found a new place to me on Lineman that I could get to but quite far away. So without delivery it would be 1 or 2x a month while with delivery I can enjoy 1 or 2x times a week.

Edited by Jingthing

12 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Sounds like your hostility over something that is literally none of your business.is eating you up inside. Bless your heart!

well it is my business as i pay common fees, which pays for reception to handle the reception, not going up and down to deliver food to owners who are to lazy to come down.

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

2 to 3 a week? I'm easily at triple that. As I don't run any vehicle access to new foods at far away or inaccessible places is the best part. I'm not thrilled with many of my nearby places.

Yes, I am becoming a big fan. Some nights there are 3-4 drivers, the wifes food comes via grab, and my food comes via food panda., and 7/11 brings the milk, coffees from amazon. it gets a bit crowded.

As I said earlier, it just didnt work in a condo

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I don’t expect it.

I prefer it and ask for it.

It's not about making me feel top dog.

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

No hidden meanings 

I simply would rather not have to schlep the food if at all possible. 

You are already avoiding the schlep to the restaurant...

The only schlep left is to the lift, easy down/up, then a few meters to the door and back.

First world problem.

If and when you lose mobility, make an arrangement with condo staff to bring up to you.

38 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Yes, I am becoming a big fan. Some nights there are 3-4 drivers, the wifes food comes via grab, and my food comes via food panda., and 7/11 brings the milk, coffees from amazon. it gets a bit crowded.

As I said earlier, it just didnt work in a condo

Well I'm making it work in a condo, ha ha.

17 minutes ago, bobbin said:

You are already avoiding the schlep to the restaurant...

The only schlep left is to the lift, easy down/up, then a few meters to the door and back.

First world problem.

If and when you lose mobility, make an arrangement with condo staff to bring up to you.

It's not a problem. They mostly come up.

1 hour ago, smutcakes said:

well it is my business as i pay common fees, which pays for reception to handle the reception, not going up and down to deliver food to owners who are to lazy to come down.

This is sounding quite "Karen" now.

Perhaps you might propose a new rule at your next condo meeting that all delivery assistance requests must be justified with a doctor's note.

I recently started using Lineman frequently after a very long pause because of a special restaurant only they have.

My impression is that Linemsn drivers are not used to f rangs as much as Grab and Panda.

Lineman app specifically says their drivers are not allowed to deliver directly to units in buildings. 

Well as expected they actually will do though they are a bit slower in understanding the request.

So far 100 percent success in them agreeing though with a much larger sample most likely it would be less than that.

Cheers