Russian/French tourists among three arrested for overstay/immigration offences on Koh Phangan

webfact

What is with the weird, staged posing like that in that photo? ???? Do they want extra praise or something for doing their job? They look like they are standing by, waiting to receive the Medal of Honor.

Also, how humiliating for anyone who gets caught on an overstay. Just making you sit there while they all pose around you, like you are some prized trophy fish just caught out of the water. 

That said, no sympathy for the pillocks and begpackers getting deported. Come back after the blacklist expires with a real visa ????

Edited by HandsomeTallFarang
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, CANSIAM said:

Might want to set up a visit in Koh Phuket as well, there might be a few that prefer not to return to Moscow.....

yeah can kick them out now, spent their money and raised the fantacy tourist numbers....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Read this forum.... all the questions asking for agents etc

So many forum members themselves are also doing the same thing and ‘buying themselves’ a way around the immigration rules... 

And... IF Thai Elite is not ‘exactly buying our way around immigration rules’ then... :whistling:

Don’t hate the player, hate the game !!!  - Immigration, want things exactly this way - its how they make some money !!... 

Richard, you are so smart! Have you also found a solution?

8 hours ago, Formaleins said:

Just waiting for them to pull out a machete and hack his head off!

Screenshot 2022-11-25 182326.png

It would have been a better photo if the four cops held AK47s across their chests. I wonder where they found the nice blue table cloth.

Edited by Dexxter

18 hours ago, webfact said:

Colonel Suphraprik said this was all part of keeping Thailand safe and both Thais and foreign lawbreakers were on his radar.

He asked for people with tips to call Surat Thani immigration on 07 738 0881/2 or contact the local immigration website. 

So not on his radar exactly?

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

And... IF Thai Elite is not ‘exactly buying our way around immigration rules’ then... :whistling:

Don’t hate the player, hate the game !!!  - Immigration, want things exactly this way - its how they make some money !!... 

Of course, that's the way I did it. I paid the 5 year entrance fee a couple of times so far and no hassles at all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, kwilco said:

Samui and Koh Pha Ngan are full of foreigners on overstay or incorrect visas - many are operating shonky massage or healing operations. some are working gyms - all think they are above the law and most serve no benefit except their own

I don't know for sure but I suspect the number of Russians that are here illegally to avoid getting drafted into the Army will be a significant problem.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 11/25/2022 at 9:13 AM, webfact said:

A Russian named Alexander M. had overstayed by 29 days.

Colonel Suphraprik said this was all part of keeping Thailand safe and both Thais and foreign lawbreakers were on his radar.

Thank goodness this dangerous criminal has been taken off the streets.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, FarAway said:

What is your problems with that?

Do you want innocent Russian citizens to participate in a war that they do not want?

When USA attacked Iraq and whatsoever, you talked like that about US people living here as well? 

Stop dividing people even more. People like you are the reason why this world is such a mess in the first place. 

Just another sanctimonious bigot practicing his favorite sport - denigrating others who are not like him. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Pinot said:

I don't know for sure but I suspect the number of Russians that are here illegally to avoid getting drafted into the Army will be a significant problem.

Probably a factor. But the visa less and undocumented extend well beyond Russians. Lots of Brits working without permits  some are teaching, others claim to be "digital nomads" others are in the diving business and in gyms. Many are just arrogant enough to think they don't need to obey the laws in Thailand.

Edited by kwilco
  • Like 1