Nearby Embassy for multi NON-0?

Hi everyone,

I hope some of you can help. I would like to know which Thai embassies in nearby countries issue multiple NON-0 marriage visas? Does anyone have any reccomendations or suggestions? Would I have to show funds from my Thai bank or can I use my home country's bank statement?  Also, if a multiple entry is not obtainable then where is a nice place to visit for a single entry? (those can be extended by 60 days right?) I have my marriage cert, wifes house book and ID card, and my sons birth cert. Will I need anything else?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Kindest regards

Savannakhet is popular for ME non O marriage.

Depends where you live.

Money does not need to be in Thai bank.

Plenty trip reports in threads. 

Here is one.

For me I would go to Saigon.

Requires appointment now.

Apply am and pick up PM next day

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sam555 said:

Would I have to show funds from my Thai bank or can I use my home country's bank statement?

Savannakhet only want to see 20k baht or the equivalent of it in any bank. But they do not always want to see it.

The consulate in Ho Chi Minh City is another place to go for one.

Maybe the consulate in Penang would be a choice but I have not seen any recent report of them doing them. Before they were wanting to see 200k baht in any bank.

• Like 2

Thanks for the replies. If I go to Savanakhet is the process easy enough? What is the nearest airport? Am I right in assuming I would need to cross into Laos and stay for a night while they process my passport? Are there any entry requirements if I cross the land border into Savanhaket Laos? Sorry for asking I know it's probably been explained multiple times.

Thanks again

43 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Savannakhet only want to see 20k baht or the equivalent of it in any bank. But they do not always want to see it.

The consulate in Ho Chi Minh City is another place to go for one.

Maybe the consulate in Penang would be a choice but I have not seen any recent report of them doing them. Before they were wanting to see 200k baht in any bank.

Thanks for the replies. If I go to Savanakhet is the process easy enough? What is the nearest airport? Am I right in assuming I would need to cross into Laos and stay for a night while they process my passport? Are there any entry requirements if I cross the land border into Savanhaket Laos? Sorry for asking I know it's probably been explained multiple times.

Thanks again

Best to go to Savannakhet. Got a multiple entry non o there last week. No financials required, didn't have to show any money just pay the 5000thb fee. Also on the border they don't ask for vaccine certificate anymore, the Lao guards don't even wear masks. Don't book hotel on Agoda, there a few within walking distance to the Thai consulate 200thb/night.

• Love It 1

On this link: https://savannakhet.thaiembassy.org/th/publicservice/non-immigrant-visa-o-visa-retirement-in-thailand?page=5d84a44c15e39c26b400453e&menu=5d84a44c15e39c26b400453f

It says that "A pension letter or a prove of retirement issued by the applicant's Embassy/Consulate." Is that actually enforced in Savannakhet? Not sure how to get one...

Edited by dastott

13 hours ago, dastott said:

It says that "A pension letter or a prove of retirement issued by the applicant's Embassy/Consulate." Is that actually enforced in Savannakhet? Not sure how to get one...

You can show anything to prove you're getting a pension or such.

It has been a long time since I saw a report of anybody get one for retirement at Savannakhet due to covid 19.

You can also apply for a non-o visa at immigration with visa exempt or tourist visa entry.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Sam555 said:

Thanks again

If you are going from Bangkok, my suggestion is to get an overnight VIP bus to Mukdahan for the outbound trip. Although I hate long bus journeys, this connects so well with the international bus to Savannakhet (quite close to the consulate) that it is worth it. Flying to airports with onward van connections to Mukdahan will usually not allow you to arrive in Savannakhet early enough to apply the same day. For the return, Air Asia has a convenient Fly-Ride service from Mukdahan to Don Muang that you easily catch after picking up your passport the following afternoon.

If you decide a short holiday, avoiding the long overnight bus, is a better option, my suggestion would be to fly to Ubon Ratchathani, stay there for a night or two, then take an early morning van to Mukdahan.

• Love It 1