Immigration with metal prods arrest Finnish pensioner on 3,246 days overstay in NE - he's a "threat to society"

webfact

2 minutes ago, bristolgeoff said:

He knew he was overstay for along time,he should have being more agreeing with the locals.9yrs overstay bye bye back to finland now.police just wait they time and catch them 

Why? There is no money and nothing in it for them.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, webfact said:

When the immigration police arrived at a rented property he was waving a stick about menacingly.

An example of how NOT to behave when you are overstaying .

Blend in and don't draw attention to yourself and don't get into any argument/disagreements with any other people 

• Thanks 1

Just now, PJ71 said:

You're honestly suggesting a well trained middle aged policeman would feel 'threatened' by a 74 year old man waving a stick at them?

I'd have thought there would be more chance of them laughing at him.

What difference would it make as to how old the guy was who was threatening them with a stick .

They could laugh at home, but how would they then arrest him if hes waving a stick around ?

15 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

What difference would it make as to how old the guy was who was threatening them with a stick .

Are you suggesting a fit 20 year old male and a 74 year old could swing a stick with the same violence?

16 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

They could laugh at home, but how would they then arrest him if hes waving a stick around ?

How would they see him from home?

Are you ok?

11 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

3246 days since Jan 5th 2015?

Thai mathematics?

Anyway: off to Finnland.

3246 days is from when he first arrived in Thailand. The overstay if calculated from when he had to leave is 2884 days. Still a substantial amount of forgetfulness.

2 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

An example of how NOT to behave when you are overstaying .

Blend in and don't draw attention to yourself and don't get into any argument/disagreements with any other people 

yes ...  he obviously didn't think of his future with overstay.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, worldexpress said:

How does one get a year "permission" in Nong Khai or at any entry point?  ????

Already answered (Non O-A).

Can't delete. C.ap editor 

Edited by KhunBENQ

3 hours ago, Jingthing said:

O-A visa

And this makes me think that he acted out of carelessness or senility.

If he had qualified for a Non O-A in Finland he should have been capable of extending.

Edited by KhunBENQ

3 hours ago, worldexpress said:

A Finn? I learned not to believe everything I read on the internet. They might want to re-check his nationality. I have a gut feeling he might really be German. ????????

I you are feeling happy than enjoy.

Edited by KhunBENQ

He'd arrived in Nong Khai on January 5th 2014 " Unusual to arrive in Nong Khai, unless he had been to Vientiane to get a new visa. ( possibly a marriage visa ). No mention of a wife or ex wife plus he was possibly living in rented accomodation. Which could mean he lost everything due to a bad marriage, as many farangs do. 

• Like 2