Jump to content

The next step, NO STAFF in a store !


Black Ops
 Share

Recommended Posts

And then....The Next Step...

 

No Dancers in the Bar!

 

In the future, B-girls, and B-boys, too, will be virtual.

 

Soon, you will be able to enjoy a drink in your favorite Pattaya bar with a hologram.

 

Maybe fewer bar fights will be the result.

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

And then....The Next Step...

 

No Dancers in the Bar!

 

In the future, B-girls, and B-boys, too, will be virtual.

 

Soon, you will be able to enjoy a drink in your favorite Pattaya bar with a hologram.

 

Maybe fewer bar fights will be the result.

I wouldn't bother going to such a bar, but would have my beer at the hotel, watching girls online.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, GammaGlobulin said:

And then....The Next Step...

 

No Dancers in the Bar!

 

In the future, B-girls, and B-boys, too, will be virtual.

 

Soon, you will be able to enjoy a drink in your favorite Pattaya bar with a hologram.

 

Maybe fewer bar fights will be the result.

 

I've mentioned it before on this forum, but imagine being able to travel without leaving home? No need to fly to Thailand to see the temples any more- just pop on the virtual reality headset and it's like being there.

Perhaps the boffins of the future can also give the happy ending experience without the chance of contracting some nasty.

Link to post
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I've mentioned it before on this forum, but imagine being able to travel without leaving home? No need to fly to Thailand to see the temples any more- just pop on the virtual reality headset and it's like being there.

Perhaps the boffins of the future can also give the happy ending experience without the chance of contracting some nasty.

Meta and Fckrberger are working on it as we speak. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I hope it doesn't catch on.

It's now possible to go to town and

pay for car park at a machine

get money from a machine at the bank

buy groceries using a machine

and now purchase goods from a machine.

 

I recall way back in the olden days I could buy a bottle of Coke right out of a machine. In fact when I was a smoker I could buy my cigarettes right out of a machine. If I'm not mistaken I used a machine to play my favorite songs (Jukebox).

  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, dingdongrb said:

I recall way back in the olden days I could buy a bottle of Coke right out of a machine. In fact when I was a smoker I could buy my cigarettes right out of a machine. If I'm not mistaken I used a machine to play my favorite songs (Jukebox).

You are deflecting. You know very well that you could also buy all that from a human as well.

I'm talking about having zero human interaction when buying stuff, because no human option will be available.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You know very well that you could also buy all that from a human as well.

 

Really? What diner could you walk into 40 years ago and pay a person to play/sing you a song?

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 11/26/2022 at 2:51 PM, Captain Monday said:

Already experienced in Paris. Small supermarket. Only a security guard who knew enough English

to kindly help me use the checkout machine, its was all in French.

 

Typical bloody French!🤣🤣

  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 11/27/2022 at 4:28 AM, GammaGlobulin said:

And then....The Next Step...

 

No Dancers in the Bar!

 

In the future, B-girls, and B-boys, too, will be virtual.

 

Soon, you will be able to enjoy a drink in your favorite Pattaya bar with a hologram.

 

Maybe fewer bar fights will be the result.

 

You always have to find a negative.

We already have the opposite of what the OP suggested - high street stores with no customers.  Dark stores where delivery riders pick up your stock and deliver to your home.  A world where there is no more direct interaction, and poorly paid motorcyclists and anonymous big businesses help you avoid the real world.

 

A dystopian fantasy in all but the convergence of reality...

 

SC 

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, StreetCowboy said:

You always have to find a negative.

We already have the opposite of what the OP suggested - high street stores with no customers.  Dark stores where delivery riders pick up your stock and deliver to your home.  A world where there is no more direct interaction, and poorly paid motorcyclists and anonymous big businesses help you avoid the real world.

 

A dystopian fantasy in all but the convergence of reality...

 

SC 

and the positive is ............................................................?

How is a life where we have no interaction with other people better?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

and the positive is ............................................................?

How is a life where we have no interaction with other people better?

I agree with you but there can be times.

 

Many supermarkets had trouble fielding staff during the peak of covid.

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 12/1/2022 at 10:43 PM, StreetCowboy said:

You always have to find a negative.

We already have the opposite of what the OP suggested - high street stores with no customers.  Dark stores where delivery riders pick up your stock and deliver to your home.  A world where there is no more direct interaction, and poorly paid motorcyclists and anonymous big businesses help you avoid the real world.

 

A dystopian fantasy in all but the convergence of reality...

 

SC 

You may ask yourself....

 

Is reality just too much for me, these days?

 

You may tell yourself, "This is not my beautiful wife".

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

… And you may kid yourself

Anyway that you want

But you may find yourself

Kidding no-one but yourself”

 

I went to the USA once, and if I had to identify one difference that made the USA unique, people there believed their own stories.

 

I realise this is slightly off topic, so perhaps the Mods could amend the thread title accordingly?

Link to post
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, StreetCowboy said:

… And you may kid yourself

Anyway that you want

But you may find yourself

Kidding no-one but yourself”

 

I went to the USA once, and if I had to identify one difference that made the USA unique, people there believed their own stories.

 

I realise this is slightly off topic, so perhaps the Mods could amend the thread title accordingly?

Even if I were a Mod, I would still amend none of your posts.

Your posts are perfectly fine, each and every one.

 

Although, if I were to make a suggestion, would you please learn proper spelling:  realise vs realize, for example.

 

Take care, as usually you seem to do.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, StreetCowboy said:

… And you may kid yourself

Anyway that you want

But you may find yourself

Kidding no-one but yourself”

 

I went to the USA once, and if I had to identify one difference that made the USA unique, people there believed their own stories.

 

I realise this is slightly off topic, so perhaps the Mods could amend the thread title accordingly?

Anyway, you may be unable to take the TRUTH.

 

In fact, the truth is that we are burning down the house.

 

Talking Heads told the truth, years ago.

Haven't heard the truth in years....in fact.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Even if I were a Mod, I would still amend none of your posts.

Your posts are perfectly fine, each and every one.

 

Although, if I were to make a suggestion, would you please learn proper spelling:  realise vs realize, for example.

 

Take care, as usually you seem to do.

 

 

Either spelling is acceptable in all situations. I use both, often depending on my audience. If American they get the z spelling. Sometimes I use both in a single post, just for fun. Really.

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Either spelling is acceptable in all situations. I use both, often depending on my audience. If American they get the z spelling. Sometimes I use both in a single post, just for fun. Really.

Of course, I was being facetious!!!

 

Cool it, Babe.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 12/3/2022 at 11:33 PM, GammaGlobulin said:

No. 

I am the one so surprised. 

 

Like Rodney, I normally don't get no respect around here. 

You should demand satisfaction

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...