Are there any 3 or 4 wheel small electric vehicles LEGAL for driving on roads here…?

mikey88

Plenty of  electric scooters and motorbikes available now.

I also noticed a Chinese electric car stand in Centralworld. Ground Floor, at the back. Near the exit to the shrine on the Plaza.

Name Ora Cat I think. A small electric car.

Edited by phetphet

22 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I'm pretty sure that the OP doesn't want a "disability scooter".

Among your many talents you also read minds!

The title of the thread specifically states, "3 or 4 wheel small electric vehicles".

This exactly describes disability vehicles.

Do you also plan to attack the posting by a moderator a few posts above this?

Continue your pedantic stalking of my comments and I will continue to call you out for what you are.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Old Croc said:
23 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I'm pretty sure that the OP doesn't want a "disability scooter".

Among your many talents you also read minds!

The title of the thread specifically states, "3 or 4 wheel small electric vehicles".

This exactly describes disability vehicles.

No, I cannot read minds but, at least, I can read.  The OP made no mention, or suggestion, that he wanted a scooter, disability or any other kind, and the title of the thread does not describe scooters in any way.

On 11/29/2022 at 5:35 PM, Jai Dee said:

L&P Funbike make both 3 wheel and 4 wheel small electrical vehicles but I am not sure if you can register them for street use.

image.png.87b3d5fa2c33db41a79e970c7fa1d91d.png

image.png.f836e590ffeb9e71f82508ae9406e678.png

I can see where the "Fun" part applies!

The fact that something can't be registered by the road traffic authority doesn't necessarily mean it's illegal on the road. If something is not categorized under the act doesn't mean, it's automatically illegal and subject to fines if found on a roadway.  Bicycles, ATVs, bogeyed up farm vehicles, electric wheelchairs, etc. etc. all exist on Thai roads with immunity. What constitutes illegality?  

7 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

I can see where the "Fun" part applies!

The fact that something can't be registered by the road traffic authority doesn't necessarily mean it's illegal on the road. If something is not categorized under the act doesn't mean, it's automatically illegal and subject to fines if found on a roadway.  Bicycles, ATVs, bogeyed up farm vehicles, electric wheelchairs, etc. etc. all exist on Thai roads with immunity. What constitutes illegality?  

Thailand society seems to be disciplined by virtue, not by rule of law.????

In some countries the society wants to be told what they can/or must do. In others what they can't do.

21 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

No, I cannot read minds but, at least, I can read.  The OP made no mention, or suggestion, that he wanted a scooter, disability or any other kind, and the title of the thread does not describe scooters in any way.

The title also does not describe cars either. A four-wheeled electric disability scooter does fit the description.

If you are under the impression that a scooter can only have two wheels you should try to expand your knowledge with research. Knowledge is always preferable to just trying to up your post count by continually and negatively quoting lines from other members comments.  It allows you to have an actual opinion of your very own!

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, ArnieP said:

Has the OP not returned because the thread has provided sufficient information or has he just lost interest?

Very common occurrence, people starting threads then not coming back.

Or realized, anything that can be registered, cost about 400-500k baht, and was hoping for something much less.

Available, but not sure if can register.  Actually seen a couple on the road.

image.png.4c90e8ac5878bd656453b7711bfe125a.png

image.png.fe8583f8c4ebd3991095e30b7e322da3.png

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Old Croc said:

just trying to up your post count

Why would I do that, or even care about it, is there a prize?

Incidentally, having a lame go at my post count as though it's something worthy of criticism is a bit 'kin rich coming from someone with your post count!

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Or realized, anything that can be registered, cost about 400-500k baht, and was hoping for something much less.

Available, but not sure if can register.  Actually seen a couple on the road.

image.png.4c90e8ac5878bd656453b7711bfe125a.png

image.png.fe8583f8c4ebd3991095e30b7e322da3.png

Anything can be registered even without engine. I used to build trailers.

trailers.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1