Milk lovers pay premium for milk at Friendship

JensenZ

On 11/27/2022 at 2:14 PM, digbeth said:

you should see what Foodmart in Jomtien charges, they seem to add 5-10 baht to milk for a long time

Friendship is good value for 'grey import' items they seem to import themselves that you can't get at any other store

In a earlier post I mentioned Villa Market as the worst value supermarket, I had forgotten about Foodmart in Jomtien as I was only in there once and due to their prices have never been back. Is the aforementioned the only Foodmart in Pattaya? I haven't seen any more.

On 12/1/2022 at 1:22 PM, SoilSpoil said:

It's hard to get any milk these days. Mejii has been sold out for more than a week already. Lord knows why...

I have also found that to be the case, a few days ago I had to travel 15 Ks to the nearest town to get any milk and there are two 7-11's and a Lotus in my village.

4 hours ago, JensenZ said:

To think you wasted time replying to a milk thread indicates how exciting your current retirement in Australia must be.

....to think you created a post about milk, that tells me how boring of a life you lead.. Maybe it's time to go outside for a walk.

The majority of tourists don't go grocery shopping and buy milk. The majority of tourists don't rent apartments for weeks on end. Get educated, it helps.

1 hour ago, dingdongrb said:

....to think you created a post about milk, that tells me how boring of a life you lead.. Maybe it's time to go outside for a walk.

The majority of tourists don't go grocery shopping and buy milk. The majority of tourists don't rent apartments for weeks on end. Get educated, it helps.

You're definitely a "dingdongrb" as your name implies... It's Sunday and you're replying (4 times so far) to a one week old thread about milk, and you claim that I'm the one with a boring life? Look in the mirror dude. You're trolling threads you have no interest in, with no goal other than to bait. Can You not find something more intesting to do?  

You must be bored out of your brains in some rural Aussie town, dreaming of a better life.... but there's no need to be annoying git.

Edited by JensenZ

7 hours ago, JensenZ said:

I stop at a number of different 7Elevens in my area, and I too noticed that the large 2L containers were in short supply. At first I thought it was the time of day/night that I was there, but then noticed the shortage on many occasions. Perhaps the flooding up north is responsible as pastures are under water.

No spuds today at Big-CX.... what on Earth is going on?

8 hours ago, JensenZ said:

It doesn't matter what you post about, there's also some pod making dumb comments.

This is the first time I've ever seen a post on milk in the 16 years I've been active here. Hardly a "main topic of conversation". To think you wasted time replying to a milk thread indicates how exciting your current retirement in Australia must be.

You did see the ???? which means it's a joke right. I guess price of milk in your life is a very serious matter so no joking allowed lol

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

You did see the ???? which means it's a joke right. I guess price of milk in your life is a very serious matter so no joking allowed lol

No joking allowed? Just like no facts allowed as well....  The OP appears to live in his own little world where the majority of tourists rent apartments and go grocery shopping during their vacations.

Be careful as he seems to have something against Australian locations. Must of drank some sour milk.

7 hours ago, JensenZ said:

You're definitely a "dingdongrb" as your name implies... It's Sunday and you're replying (4 times so far) to a one week old thread about milk, and you claim that I'm the one with a boring life?

Wow, making fun of my alias, is that the best you can do? I bet someone helped you think of that.

Me posting 5 times (now 6) on a thread that you posted 17 times on and who leads a boring life? But hey, its your OP so maybe you should be posting more on this tread. However the data shows:

YOU - make 1.6 posts A DAY 

whereas 

I - make 1 post EVERY 2 DAYS

42 minutes ago, dingdongrb said:

Wow, making fun of my alias, is that the best you can do? I bet someone helped you think of that.

Me posting 5 times (now 6) on a thread that you posted 17 times on and who leads a boring life? But hey, its your OP so maybe you should be posting more on this tread. However the data shows:

YOU - make 1.6 posts A DAY 

whereas 

I - make 1 post EVERY 2 DAYS

Ok, Mr. Dingdong, let's put this into perspective. You suggested my life is boring because I started a thread about milk. It was an interesting topic as it highlighted a major pricing anomaly at a major outlet in Pattaya, one at which many members here shop.

Then you clicked on a thread, one of which you admittedly had no interest in, to suggest the OP must be bored posting a thread about milk. Not only did you click on it, but you replied 6 times. One must ask, who is bored? Obviously, the OP will reply in a thread more frequently than anyone else - so full marks for pointing that out.

I don't post twice a day. I post infrequently and often don't come here for weeks and sometimes months, so your little statistical analysis is irrelevant. It's probably the first thread I've started in a whole year. There's always a problem using averages in statistical analysis. 

I have one excuse - my 92-year-old mother died yesterday, so chatting about milk is a distraction.

What is your excuse?

Let me break it down. Your life is meaningless as you adequately demonstrated here today. My life also has no meaning, but I don't get bored, ever. Even writing about milk is an activity that I can enjoy.

Try to enjoy your meaningless existence. Maybe next time you'll find a thread about orange juice so you can accuse the OP of having a boring life. Maybe I'll start a new one about the price of jam, which has been soaring lately, or about peanut butter. You'll have no end of fun.

Good day sir.

6 hours ago, dingdongrb said:

No joking allowed? Just like no facts allowed as well....  The OP appears to live in his own little world where the majority of tourists rent apartments and go grocery shopping during their vacations.

Be careful as he seems to have something against Australian locations. Must of drank some sour milk.

The OP is Australian and lived in Surfers Paradise for 20 years, right on the beachfront. He's also lived in Pattaya for 16 years. If you think short-time visitors and tourists don't buy milk, you are ignorant of the facts. Which exciting place do you currently reside in?

Now you're desperately collaborating with your other Aussie mate, who started the whole "your life must be boring" topic.

Edited by JensenZ

14 hours ago, dingdongrb said:

Darned right they do. I took in the improved pavements on Klang and strolled from Big-CX towards the beach....met many a falang coming the other way. Later, going same in reverse, many a falang walking back beachward carrying shopping bags...I had an image of a single room with a noisy AC and a small refrigerator waiting for them!

• 2 months later...

Just a quick update. At some point over the last month Friendship dropped their milk prices back down to recommended retail prices. (112 baht back down to 95 baht for the standard 2 litre size). Someone must have complained - it wasn't me as I bought my milk elsewhere.

6 hours ago, JensenZ said:

Just a quick update. At some point over the last month Friendship dropped their milk prices back down to recommended retail prices. (112 baht back down to 95 baht for the standard 2 litre size). Someone must have complained - it wasn't me as I bought my milk elsewhere.

Riddle me this Batman... where does Thai milk come from and don't say cows ????

Does Thailand have a domestic milk industry or is it imported/reconstituted?

I'm Aussie too, New South Wales and after reading this thread I have a sudden craving for a glass of cold milk and Milo. I don't expect I'll get anything as tasty as NSW milk but near enough is good enough ????

5 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

I'm Aussie too, New South Wales and after reading this thread I have a sudden craving for a glass of cold milk and Milo. I don't expect I'll get anything as tasty as NSW milk but near enough is good enough ????

Having consumed Thai milk since 2005, I've forgotten what Aussie milk tastes like. I find the Thai milk pleasant enough and if you add Milo, you won't notice any difference. There is a difference between the different brands.

On 12/4/2022 at 11:29 AM, NoshowJones said:

IMO the worst supermarket for value is Villa Market.

That completely depends on what you like to buy. Very unfortunately NO supermarket offers all the items that we want, we need to shop in Villa, TOPS, BIG C Extra, Friendship, Makro, Backfabrik plus our Indian friend near the Hindu temple (for curry leaves). We never visit any other supermarket but need at least the ones listed. Including Villa.

Each one we shop at has its speciality. We buy Milk only at TOPS or BIG C Extra for example. Villa has the best meat selection with the best price/value ratio. Then we know of some small speciality shops which import items themselves from Switzerland. Like British Expats would visit Siamburys for their products which are not to our taste. Plus the Thai Markets. My wife loves to drive ☺️

2 hours ago, moogradod said:

That completely depends on what you like to buy. Very unfortunately NO supermarket offers all the items that we want, we need to shop in Villa, TOPS, BIG C Extra, Friendship, Makro, Backfabrik plus our Indian friend near the Hindu temple (for curry leaves). We never visit any other supermarket but need at least the ones listed. Including Villa.

Each one we shop at has its speciality. We buy Milk only at TOPS or BIG C Extra for example. Villa has the best meat selection with the best price/value ratio. Then we know of some small speciality shops which import items themselves from Switzerland. Like British Expats would visit Siamburys for their products which are not to our taste. Plus the Thai Markets. My wife loves to drive ☺️

Very well said, but when one particular supermarket charges 399Bt now for a tin of corn beef that cost 179Bt in Foodland just before the pandemic, then I would say that is taking the P!ss.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

Very well said, but when one particular supermarket charges 399Bt now for a tin of corn beef that cost 179Bt in Foodland just before the pandemic, then I would say that is taking the P!ss.

Absolutely. I just had a chance to have a  look at todays food bill that wifey brought home - my beloved ham (Thai product mimicking as a German product) has gone up from THB 170.- to 220.-- / 100g in a few days. The parmesan has nearly doubled its price (was expensive even before), but it is not even available at the moment.

Its everywhere - I think they call it "Inflation", but this does not apply to my wallet ????

• Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

Many of the brands are reconstituted from powder.

About the best are Meiji, ChockChai and Thai-Danish which appear to be real milk from cows.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Many of the brands are reconstituted from powder.

About the best are Meiji, ChockChai and Thai-Danish which appear to be real milk from cows.

None of the major brands taste like powdered milk. Where is your evidence? I hear people saying this, but I don't believe it. There is plenty of real milk available in Thailand. I used to buy 5 litres of raw milk a week.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JensenZ said:

None of the major brands taste like powdered milk. Where is your evidence? I hear people saying this, but I don't believe it. There is plenty of real milk available in Thailand. I used to buy 5 litres of raw milk a week.

Evidence,

Milk made from powder doesn't froth, when you buy your Latte look at the milk the barista uses.

• Thumbs Up 1