Thai Immigration big shout out!

Just now, Crossy said:

Yeah, like many things here, when it works it works pretty well ???? 

Sadly, when it doesn't work ...

Cue all those who have had negative experiences ???? 

I found it works reliably after 9am week days , business hours. I got a newish computer with Windows 11 so that may help. A few years ago it was a nightmare

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I got one 90 day online rejected, applied again two days later, approved. Smooth sailing otherwise.

OS is Linux MX, IMO the operating system should not be relevant.

Certainly used to be relevant, my god. I had a Mac and had to fill out the online form details in this random all over the place sequence to make it work or it would crash. I think I had to do the spam code first....then all the drop down menus in a particular order....then lastly text fields. And even then had a 30% strike rate. That was using Chrome, then to check status of application I could only use Firefox. Guys were reporting at the time only a certain version of Windows seemed to be relatively trouble free.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Yes it is working good lately. Last week had same experience, received reminder, filled the form and after about 20min. got the new 90 day extension approval.

OS is Ubuntu, but I guess the web-browser is more of impact than the OS. I am Using Firefox Nightly without any problems.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, RedArmy said:

Would be an even bigger shout out to Immigration if they got rid of this ludicrous 90 day reporting completely.

Quite right, however, a bigger fear is that they keep it and start charging us a fee for it.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Kenny202 said:

How good is that! ????????????

It is as good as it should always have been but never was.  And indeed the only good of it would be to be rid of it along with re-entry visas and the Evisa application for a 60-day tourist visa.  Now there is a true nightmare if ever there was. 

But let us not forget that for bureaucrats worldwide their ambition is to make other people's lives as difficult as possible and some are much more successful than others.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Maestro said:

Do I understand correctly that this is finally something where the requirements do not vary from one immigration office to the next? If this is the case, I say "well done"

I assume the online reporting is centralized in one area. Used to be have to wait for your local office to approve online applications which in my case often wasn't forthcoming without a phone call, and more often than not they would say system down, need come to office to report. Due to the speediness of approvals now I would say maybe they are approved centrally as well

26 minutes ago, Maestro said:

Do I understand correctly that this is finally something where the requirements do not vary from one immigration office to the next? If this is the case, I say "well done"

It can still depends upon the office approving it. They are sent to the immigration office for where you are living.

Some just approve when they receive it without checking previous records.

1 hour ago, rohitsuk said:

It is as good as it should always have been but never was.  And indeed the only good of it would be to be rid of it along with re-entry visas and the Evisa application for a 60-day tourist visa.  Now there is a true nightmare if ever there was. 

But let us not forget that for bureaucrats worldwide their ambition is to make other people's lives as difficult as possible and some are much more successful than others.

And to create positions for cousins.

16 hours ago, Crossy said:

Yeah, like many things here, when it works it works pretty well ???? 

Sadly, when it doesn't work ...

Cue all those who have had negative experiences ???? 

Sent mine in on 24th this month, still pending. Not sure if I should do something or what. 

5 hours ago, emanphoto said:

Sent mine in on 24th this month, still pending. Not sure if I should do something or what. 

You should wait a while longer to get the approval. This is only the 3rd business day for immigration since you did the report.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Kenny202 said:

I found it works reliably after 9am week days , business hours. I got a newish computer with Windows 11 so that may help. A few years ago it was a nightmare

Not sure that would make a difference but I expect they have sorted out their own system.