Russian Soldiers Are Freezing To Death In Eastern Ukraine

Scott

3 minutes ago, Saanim said:

I am puzzled. Reading what NATO Stoltenberg was just yesterday saying:

https://www.reuters.com/world/natos-stoltenberg-putin-trying-use-winter-war-weapon-against-ukraine-2022-11-28/

Such a powerful war weapon but Putin has forgotten to furnish his own soldiers against General Winter?

(Similar blunder when he bombarded the Zapozhje nuclear power plant forgetting that there are his own soldiers inside.) 

Targeting civilian infrastructure, power grids, water in Ukraine occupied cities and territories leaving millions without heat is using winter as a war weapon and is also a war crime.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, billd766 said:

They did not ask to be there. For that you can blame only one person, the homicidal maniac called Putin whos delusions of grandeur rival those of Napoleon and Hitler.

ANY troops of ANY country who are not supported by their country and their leaders, deserve sympathy, as they are thrown into conflicts and wars simply as cannon fodder.

Those troops still committed war crimes including looting, murder and rape.

1 hour ago, Berkshire said:

There have been reports of countless atrocities committed by Russian troops in Ukraine, including rape, torture, murder, etc.  Russian soldiers freezing to death would certainly be welcome news to the civilized world.    

1 hour ago, Harveyboy said:

agree zero sympathy to these murdering vermin 

1 hour ago, Berkshire said:

There have been reports of countless atrocities committed by Russian troops in Ukraine, including rape, torture, murder, etc.  Russian soldiers freezing to death would certainly be welcome news to the civilized world.    

But the person responsible will not die in a trench of hypothermia, nor will he be wet, cold , hungry and miserable. IMHO, until the Russians get rid of Putin the war, because that is what it is, will drag on.

If you were able to talk to the Russian troops, a majority would be more than happy to give up and go back home alive without missing fingers, toes or other body parts to frostbite and hypothermia.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, hotchilli said:

I on the other hand have zero sympathy for the Russian troops.

Perhaps this might push some Russians to realize that their president putin is neither capable nor concerned nor compassionate. Plus it's clear from many reports their military leaders on the ground are also incapable and have no concern for the welfare and the lives of their troops.

• Like 2

Just now, scorecard said:

Perhaps this might push some Russians to realize that their president putin is neither capable nor concerned nor compassionate. Plus it's clear from many reports their military leaders on the ground are also incapable and have no concern for the welfare and the lives of their troops.

Accidents can easily happen in the heat of battle... troops can shoot the wrong people...????

12 minutes ago, scorecard said:

I think this winter may be the turning point of the war and it will need the West to continue to supply weapons, equipments and training to inflict more dead soldiers that will exert growing pressure that even the quiet mass of Russians who are still supporting Putin will relent. Losing thousands of soldiers with no hope of winning the war, combined with a growing economic crisis in Russia will increase the pressure from the society and the elites on Putin to step down. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

I think this winter may be the turning point of the war and it will need the West to continue to supply weapons, equipments and training to inflict more dead soldiers that will exert growing pressure that even the quiet mass of Russians who are still supporting Putin will relent. Losing thousands of soldiers with no hope of winning the war, combined with a growing economic crisis in Russia will increase the pressure from the society and the elites on Putin to step down. 

It seems to me that if hypothermia really is widespread among Russian troops, , it should be a lot less difficult to defeat to send them packing or capture them. I wouldn't be surprised if there are large scale surrenders as a consequence of the weather conditions.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Accidents can easily happen in the heat of battle... troops can shoot the wrong people...????

Which is the very reason why advanced countries give very good/focused experience based training to their new soldiers about 'the arc of fire' and more elements, to train them to not fall into the trap of shooting their comrades. And to train the soldiers and their leaders in well constructed on the ground strategies and equip them in terms of controls, strict following of orders and more.

Edited by scorecard
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

It seems to me that if hypothermia really is widespread among Russian troops, , it should be a lot less difficult to defeat to send them packing or capture them. I wouldn't be surprised if there are large scale surrenders as a consequence of the weather conditions.

I think that this is a reason why British Royal Marines are trained in Artic warfare In Norway every year.

https://www.army.mod.uk/news-and-events/news/2018/02/cold-weather-survival-skills-in-norway/

https://www.natomultimedia.tv/app/asset/663805

https://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/news-and-latest-activity/operations/arctic-and-northern-european-waters/cold-weather-training

1 hour ago, Saanim said:

Does the winter works differently for one side and differently for the other side? As we know from history it was the General Winter who had helped to the defeat of Napoleon armies at the Moscow gates. And similarly it happened to Hitler armies. And not during one winter only.  Obviously, the current equipment for winter operation is nowadays a bit more efficient than that time, isn't it? 

Where does the info about the bad conditions come from?  Forbes?  There are some talks on the net from skinheads from Florida returning from Ukraine, they say something different. 

Maybe the version I support is more likely because Russia is a country where stuff like this happens:

Where did they disappear to?’: Russian MP says 1.5 mln military uniforms are missing

“I still don’t understand where 1.5 million sets [of uniform], which had been kept at personnel reception points, ended up...

All of these things were there, where did they disappear to? No one can explain this to me in any way at all anywhere!” he said."

https://novayagazeta.eu/articles/2022/10/02/where-did-they-disappear-to-russian-local-pm-says-1-5-mln-military-uniforms-are-missing-news

7 hours ago, Saanim said:

Does the winter works differently for one side and differently for the other side? As we know from history it was the General Winter who had helped to the defeat of Napoleon armies at the Moscow gates. And similarly it happened to Hitler armies. And not during one winter only.  Obviously, the current equipment for winter operation is nowadays a bit more efficient than that time, isn't it? 

Where does the info about the bad conditions come from?  Forbes?  There are some talks on the net from skinheads from Florida returning from Ukraine, they say something different. 

Since I'm sure you have your skinhead information from a reliable news source you can link to it here.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Saanim said:

I am puzzled. Reading what NATO Stoltenberg was just yesterday saying:

https://www.reuters.com/world/natos-stoltenberg-putin-trying-use-winter-war-weapon-against-ukraine-2022-11-28/

Such a powerful war weapon but Putin has forgotten to furnish his own soldiers against General Winter?

(Similar blunder when he bombarded the Zapozhje nuclear power plant forgetting that there are his own soldiers inside.) 

My own opinion of Stoltenberg is he should be relieved of his command with immediate effect. What does he think he is dealing with? It's WAR. People don't behave in a very sporting way under those conditions, and allowing for the Russian/Ukrainian winter to take its toll does not constitute a war crime. If he had any balls at all he'd have mounted a defensive invasion of Ukraine months and months ago. 26 member states and not one showed up on parade. Nuclear threat? It's all bluff!

• Like 1

A baiting post has been removed, please also see the following header, sub rule on World News Topics:

Any alleged factual claims must be supported by a valid link to an approved credible source.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/28/2022 at 11:35 AM, billd766 said:

I feel sorry for the Russian troops simply because they are poorly trained and very badly led by their officers.

A good officer makes sure that their troops are well fed, sheltered and looked after. A really good or a brilliant officer makes sure that his troops are fed and sheltered before himself.

However it seems that the Russian army officers take after their leaders and look after themselves and leave their troops to find what food and shelter they can.

It is NOT the way to win a battle or a war, and the troops will only reluctantly fight and only then if they have to.

Maybe the Russians people can learn from the Chinese people? We had enough and we are not going to take this <deleted> anymore?

On 11/28/2022 at 2:11 PM, AhFarangJa said:

I bet Putin is warm and well fed. My solution would be to let him be at the front to lead......

What!! With all those armed soldiers behind him, not to mention tanks, APC, aircraft, helicopters and drones behind him. There are not enough investigators to ask everybody why their gun went off, 'accidently'.

• Haha 1

Troll/ baiting posts, about unattributed posts have been removed also replies .

If you are posting here and on World News generally then please supply a link in order not to have your post removed, thank you.

On 11/29/2022 at 9:53 PM, bradiston said:

My own opinion of Stoltenberg is he should be relieved of his command with immediate effect. What does he think he is dealing with? It's WAR. People don't behave in a very sporting way under those conditions, and allowing for the Russian/Ukrainian winter to take its toll does not constitute a war crime. If he had any balls at all he'd have mounted a defensive invasion of Ukraine months and months ago. 26 member states and not one showed up on parade. Nuclear threat? It's all bluff!

He is a W-anchor and a muppet

Russia is sending troops into Ukraine that don't even want to be there. They are forced to buy their own equipment, due to widespread corruption. They know they will be shot for retreating. They are facing soldiers who have every motivation to exterminate them.

The Ukrainians would probably reap dividends from bombing them with leaflets, which urge them to turn their guns on their officers.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1