Wise (Transferwise)....what is the latest with them?

11 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Actually if you do before about 0900 they arrive the same day at 1400 in my experience.  If later it will be next.

Do you mean before 9am in Australia where the money/account is held?  Which would mean before 6am Thai time.

Thanks - I will keep that in mind if anything becomes urgent.

EDIT - others have confirmed that if done before 6am Thai time it will arrive same day.  Thanks guys.

Edited by TroubleandGrumpy

1 minute ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

Do you mean before 9am in Australia where the money/account is held?  Which would mean before 6am AEST.

Before 0900 Thailand time in my experience for USA based funds.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

Do you mean before 9am in Australia where the money/account is held?  Which would mean before 6am AEST.

I have made a transfer at 0850 Thai time and was in my bank at 1400

4 minutes ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:
  14 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Actually if you do before about 0900 they arrive the same day at 1400 in my experience.  If later it will be next.

2 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Before 0900 Thailand time in my experience for USA based funds.

1 minute ago, ripstanley said:

I have made a transfer at 0850 Thai time and was in my bank at 1400

Thanks guys - much appreciated.

6 hours ago, norbra said:

This morning I had an instant transfer from Australian bank to Kasikorn bank,reason, for Thai long stay. Kasikorn indicates deposit as "Tourist travel expenses" source of funds AU

Using Wise?  They indicate that Kasikorn will show ‘Trade Finance Deposit' to show an International transfer.

18 minutes ago, treetops said:

Using Wise?  They indicate that Kasikorn will show ‘Trade Finance Deposit' to show an International transfer.

Yes used Wise,the exact wording from Kbank trade finance dept shows transaction purpose is;

Travel expenses tourists.

The code for this deposit in the Kbank passbook is GPS(GLOBAL PAYMENTS SYSTEMS)

3 minutes ago, norbra said:

Yes used Wise,the exact wording from Kbank trade finance dept shows transaction purpose is;

Travel expenses tourists.

The code for this deposit in the Kbank passbook is GPS(GLOBAL PAYMENTS SYSTEMS)

That's a positive change if transactions with an international indication can happen instantaneously.  Let's see of it's an across the board change or if this was an anomaly.

18 minutes ago, treetops said:

That's a positive change if transactions with an international indication can happen instantaneously.  Let's see of it's an across the board change or if this was an anomaly.

My Australian bank have picked up their game now having instant payouts instead of pre 9am,pay same day and post 5pm, pay next day cutoff times.

My Wise transfers to Kbank have never been more than a couple of minutes but mostly completed while I am advising Wise that I have sent the money.

Did my monthly transfer earlier this week as Long Term Stay. Wise THB account to Bkk Bank. As it has for the past few years, it arrived at 14.05 the following day as an FTT, International Transfer.

Only once last year did it go via Kasikorn Bank so showed in my Bkk Bank as a local transfer. A Credit Advice from KKn showed it's origin so I was relieved at that. When the IO looked at my bank statements and book, not a mention of it. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Has anyone transferred USD to their wise account lately?  Last month I got a message "Due to an operational change, you’ll be temporarily unable to use your USD account details"

It took almost a month for them to return the funds to the account that sent the funds to wise..  I would like to use wise if their "operational change" is now completed.  I've pinged wise support a  few times, nothing but crickets from them.